Twenty-Two: Gamma

Dedicated this chapter to KittLoL for this pretty cover! Thank you so much ❤️

**********************

*Aletha*

She didn't know what came over her.

She hated him and yet...she'd kissed him. She wanted to kill him yet she craved his scent to remain on her body. He was her enemy and yet the bond that tied them together overwhelmed her with lust for the one male she could never have.

She would never have him. She didn't want him. He deserved nothing short of a terrible death for what his kind did to her pack. The blood of the Crimson Pack and the blood of the entire annihilated Ironlands were on his hands and his mother's hands.

She'd seen it last night--the look of hunger in his eyes to drink her blood. He was more beastly than any other Alpha in this realm, because he was two things in one body.

But then again, he hadn't killed her yet as she thought he would.

"Luna, we must leave now," the guard by the door reminded her.

"I'm coming," she groaned, fixing up her leather vest. Her body ached everywhere after he put her through nearly three hours of intense sprinting. She'd ran five miles that night, and she'd never once even ran that far except when she'd been running away from the ruined Crimson Pack. She ran hundreds of miles then.

When she went in the fields this time, there were several warriors there. They gave her a nod of acknowledgement as she passed by. They were training outside again. It should have made her uncomfortable but surprisingly, she felt nothing. They weren't really watching her, but they carried on with their own training.

She spotted Rush beside the cage with the rogue wolf still inside. She'd always watched the disgusting creature growling at her with hunger and hatred. She felt the same. Now as she watched the wolf, she no longer felt fear. Training with Rush these past several days turned her fear into something else. She felt somewhat less broken, less fragile. Now she felt more confident. She possibly did stand a chance against the rogue.

"You're watching like you watch a prey," Rush's voice sounded from behind her, almost causing her to shriek as she whipped around to send him a glare. His eyes glinted with amusement as his gaze travelled from her to the rogue. Then the corners of his lips began to perk upwards. "I think you scared him, Luna."

"I hate rogues," she told him, turning back to face the rogue. Her lips curled with disgust. "What did he do?"

She felt something shift in the air. His aura grew darker, and when she watched him from the corner of her eye, she knew he was thinking dark thoughts.

Rush wasn't looking at her. He was staring at the rogue with a murderous glint to his eyes. He wanted to kill him, and she could feel the bloodlust through their bond. It was angry and hot, burning through her abdomen and making her throat dry. "He raped over fifteen females in my pack and murdered half of them in cold blood," Rush finally told her, his voice very soft yet lethal. "Those females may have been my warriors but they had mates and children. They never saw it coming."

She was horrified. Inside, her blood churned and her stomach knotted. Now she understood how warriors managed to kill. They knew of the horrors of their enemies. They knew their depravity and their vile intentions, and such evil should not exist.

"Tell me, Aletha," Rush began. "Does he deserve to live after what he's done?"

After she found out about the true identity of this pack, she thought they were all evil. That they were all her enemies and they deserved to die. But what this rogue had done to the females of this pack...it was truly vile. She was a female herself, and she'd been raped repeatedly by rogues. She knew how hollow they made her, how broken and disgusting. She was not the same girl anymore--she would never be that same girl anymore with a soul that was whole. No one deserved to be raped. So she shook her head. "No," she said earnestly. "He deserves to die."