IX

Y/N

The rest of the day was awkward and uncomfortable as I attempted to avoid Maria. I needed to do this without getting anyone hurt.I couldn't do this to Maria, she's been there since the beginning. I know I'm probably playing myself when I said that no was going to get hurt. So if I couldn't do this without someone getting hurt, I guess I'd have to be the one to lose.

A soft knock at the door caused me to snap my head up from the desk that had incomplete university work. Panic washed over me as I attempted to answer.

"Come in." I say clearing my throat. Maria's head pops up through the small gap that she had created as she opened the door. A small frown creases on her face as she walks in and slumps down on my bed.

"I feel like you've been avoiding me... what's happening?" She questioned turning on her side and propping her head on her hand as she looks at me.

"Nothing, I've just been busy. School work and all." I say nodding my head to the work. A look of suspicion overtakes Maria's previous expression as she slowly stands and walks over to my desk.

"You've barely done anything. I mean look at this all you wrote was the square root, and that's it." She laughs, "C'mon tell me the truth. Is it anything to do with a fight that you and Jackson have had?"

I wish I could tell her that it was a fight but that wasn't it. The problem was completely different than that. Obviously I couldn't tell her that the problem was that I had to somehow supply screenshots of text messages between her and JB to an anti who wanted to do malicious things with them.

"No it's not that. Trust me it's with school but I'll be fine." I offer a weak smile and a wave of relief washes over me as she smiles back finally believing my lie.

"Good because I invited JB and Jackson over for dinner." She triumphantly grinned , "And I actually cooked."

"What? You cooked? Was it pre made pizza?" I laughed.

"You're a bitch."

+ + + +

A knock at the door erupted through the apartment, signalling that the boys had arrived.

I stood up straightening my oversized shirt so that it would cover my shorts. I couldn't be bothered to dress up I mean it's only Jackson, if he's gonna like me with makeup, he'll have like the me without makeup.

I reached for the brass handle of the door and turned it, revealing the two boys. Smiles were spread across their faces as I welcomed them in. A wash of guilt ran through me as they greeted me with hugs.

"How are you?" Jackson asked pulling away and smiling down at me.

"I'm good," I replied with the best smile I could conjure, "what about you?" I questioned as we walked to the small dining table that was in our tiny apartment kitchen.

"Practice was hard and we're preparing our next album so it's been a very busy time for us." He nodded before Jaebum said something to Maria. In Korean. I was surprised when Maria actually replied back in Korean.

"You speak Korean? Since when?" I asked.

"I've been attempting to speak it for like 4 years..." she said counting her fingers.

"I've known you longer than this why have I never heard you speaking it?" I asked, yet again in shock. She just shrugged continuing to talk to JB. She honestly does surprise me sometimes.

+ + + +

As the night went on we decided on watching Moana. We were half way through the movie before a yawn was heard.

"Oh look it's 1 am we need to go." Jackson said looking at his phone. We were currently cuddled up on the couch before he pulled away; the lack of warmth making me shudder lightly.

"Ugh okay." I pouted as I stood up switching on the lights.

As Jackson and JB were putting on their coats I noticed JB's phone on the floor by the foot of the couch. This was probably the only moment I could have so I kicked it under.

"Okay guys have a safe journey home before your manager says anything." I said quickly attempting to rush them out as quickly as possible.

"By-" they said in unison before I closed the door on them.

"Hey! That was rude." Maria scolded, slapping my arm, "what's up with you today you seem really weird."

"Nothing," I lied "I'm just tired."

"Yeah me too I just hope tomorrow morning you're normal again." She rolled her eyes before walking to her room. I sighed deeply a smile slowly creeping on my face. I took my phone out of my pocket and opened up my twitter.

Me: I have what you want but I can only give it to you in person. Meet me at the pier where the fair is.

I smiled turning my phone off and grabbing JB's phone. Maybe my plan could work...

+ + + +

A/N: Can you believe that this book is at 12k reads 🙃 I haven't updated in a millennia but school is over for 6 weeks and now I have time to dedicate 100% of my energy into Kpop. I was re-reading the last chapters and holy shit 😂 I've never laughed so hard at my own writing plus your comments made my day. This book definitely could've gone better but oh well you guys are still reading this trash so I'll keep going! Hopefully my next Jackson book will be better 🤷🏾‍♀️😌 Anyway thank you for reading and putting up with my ass x - Queen-Tuan 💖