Finding You

Helllooo :3 This is my new story! Hope you guys enjoy it. My other story is on hold as I'm concentrating on this one. I had to cram almost all the details of five years back in the prologue so the next chapter should be in the present time. Thanks for reading, love ya!

~♥Prologue♥~

"We're going to New York." Mom said.

Those words were special to me. Who would've thought that I would be here, the great New York City, living in my Aunt's apartment for a week and walking on the streets of New York?

New York had always been my dream city. What was not to love about it? The yellow taxi cabs, the packed traffic, honking everywhere, the city lights. Never in a million years did I think that this would be the place where I'd find my true self, that this would be the place where I'd find those friends that could never be forgotten, that this would be the place where I'd find my true love.

My love story is nothing special. After all, it is just one of those 'girl finds her love in a new city' stories. But you won't realize that even though it's simple, this love story is sure magical...

*******************************************************************************************

*Five years ago*

"November!" my Aunt shrieked as she saw me walking up the stairs. She tackled me in a bear hug. "Look at you! You've grown up so much," Now, if you are wondering, I have never met Aunt Dolly before. She has never seen my face except for the baby photos that my mother bothered to send to her. "How old are you now?"

I restrained from making a face, "Almost 15, Aunt Dolly."

"Well, you sure are turning into a beautiful, young girl!" I faked a smile at her attempt to pass a compliment. You have probably read in books that the protagonist always underrate her looks, saying she is not pretty or beautiful. But I'm not underrating my looks when I say that I'm not pretty. With a face like mine which sports small acne over my forehead, nose too big for my face and tanned skin like most Indians, yeah, definitely not pretty.

"Naomi!" My Aunt called to my mother. My mother walked up the stairs with a suitcase in her hand and gave my Aunt a hug. She smiled at us. "Oh how I wish your father had come to New York as well, November! I haven't seen him in a while." For the record, she has never seen Dad either.

Aunt Dolly ushered us in her apartment which was the first door to the left. As I entered, I looked around the place in awe. It was rather small but impressive place. The living room had two windows which gave us the view of the city. Since it was noon, the sun was shining right above the buildings, giving it a picturesque look. The color theme of the apartment was coffee and cream. The floor was polished wood and there were three cream colored sofas along with a 32-inch plasma TV. Aunt showed us around. The apartment had a kitchen, two bedrooms with their own attached bathrooms, a working room for my Aunt - as she was a Fashion Designer - and the living room which was the first room as we entered the place.

"Aunt, your apartment is beautiful," I said breathlessly as I looked around the living room. I sat on the couch which had the direct view of the city from the window. Aunt smiled at me, then started chatting with my mom. Knowing my work is over, I stood up.

"Where do you think you are going, sweetie?" Mom asked as she noticed me walking towards the door which led us outside the apartment.

"Just looking around mom," I said, rolling my eyes. She was always concerned for me and I know it's a good thing but sometimes it's just over-concern. "I won't go down the streets alone," I promised her and she nodded her head.

I turned around, opening the door and walked outside. There were series of doors on the left and right walls. I knew this building was really tall but my aunt lived on the second floor so there wasn't a problem in walking up and down the stairs. I chose to take the elevator to go up and look around. I pressed the elevator's button and waited for it to come.