002.

People say that the worst feeling is to be alone.
I find that irony in itself, because for me, I'm never truly alone, and I've never really remembered a time i have been.
But it never seems to be good company, which remains a constant reminder as I struggle to decipher what lies amongst the lines of reality and the artificial perceptions of  my own mind.

So let me rephrase that.

The worst feeling is to be surrounded by intoxicating company you can never escape.

                            **********

"Wonwoo..Wonwoo?"

The slight taps on my shoulder became more evident as I turned my head to meet eyes with the person before me.

Kim Mingyu.

"W-Where di-did y-you go..?" I spoke, with my words so faint I wouldn't have been surprised if he didnt hear.

I could only watch as Mingyu let out a confused smile, but a smile nonetheless.

"What do you mean?I never left."

The silence that temporarily settled was broken by a chuckle resounding out of Mingyu.

"It's been an hour, you need to take your perhpenazine." Mingyu stated, before standing up to reach over to the blue container, and emptying a pill onto his palm.

"O-Oh.R-Right.Thank you."I said, adjusting myself on the hospital bed, taking the pill and glass of water out of his hands.

I scrunched up my nose in distate, feeling the schizophrenic effects dim down.

Who knew that the bitter feeling of the pills were soon to become one of my most hated tastes.

I heard that chuckle again.

"The face you make is too adorable." Mingyu said, contentment evident on his face.

Who knew his laugh would soon become one of my most favourite sounds.

I felt my cheeks burn as I avoided his gaze, and before I knew it, I was smiling just as wide as he was.

I could feel the effects of the drugs taking place, a buzz of serenity now flowing through me.
And i don't think I'll ever know if it was the drugs or Kim Mingyu that made me smile so easily.

Author's Note 🥀
Hey again 🌚🌝, like and share if you enjoyed this chapter!!
003 will be released shortly(?), so stay tuned to see what happens next.