008.

There were fires everywhere.

In my heart. In my brain. In Mingyu.
And the problem was that these fires just couldn't be tamed. No matter how much I suffered or how much Mingyu suffered.

We were alit.

****************

I was turning 19 today.

Birthdays that i was able to remember weren't ones worth remembering ,but Mingyu had refused to let me spend my 19th as if it were any other day.

"A-Are we th-there y-yet?"

"No, keep your eyes closed."

"What about n-now?"

"Yep."

"R-really?"

"No." Mingyu replied, tugging my hand down what seemed like an endless pathway.

I sighed dramatically in response, but started humming a mindless tune not long after.

No words were said, but the faint melody of a bird's summer song were a favourable break over the cacophony of noises that never died in the city.So where were we?

His tugging came to a stop.

"Okay, now you can open your eyes." He whispered, releasing my hand.

It felt like I was in another world.

Shades of all colours seemed to paint the atmosphere around me, vibrancy present in the trees that towered above my head, and stargazer lilies arising above the overgrown grass.

And in the midst of it all, was a cottage.

Likewise to the rest of the atmosphere, it too, was overgrown with weeds, but with flower buds sprouting from all sides. It was beautiful.

Was this real? I'm pretty sure I had taken my pills.

"W-What is th-this place?" I asked, unaware of Mingyu's smile as he glanced over at me.

"I grew up here. I come here alot, but I figured it would be better to come here with you."
He mumbled, and I grinned as I noticed a faint blush etch across his face.

"Plus, I couldn't eat this all by myself now, could I?"
He said, and that's when I noticed the straw picnic box, hazel coloured, with a checkered red and white blanket.

"Y-You went t-to all this ef-effort..f-for me?"
I stated, unbelieving. No one had done this much for me before.

"Why wouldn't I?"
He questioned nonchalantly, back turned, whilst laying the blanket on the ground, setting the box upon it.

And I'm pretty sure that those three words effected me more than they should have.

"Here. Sit, dork." He ordered, laughing at my expression, patting the empty space.

I sat beside him, content with the warm rays of sunlight as I bit into a danish swirl he had packed, staring at the cottage in the distance.

I seemed to lose count of time here, Mingyu being the only source i could really focus on. His laughter put me at ease, and I hoped I would never stop hearing that melodious sound.

Standing up from my position, I grabbed Mingyu's hand and lifted him up.

"I w-want to see h-how it looks in-inside."
I said, taking another bite of the pastry, allowing Mingyu to lead me towards the cottage.

***************

Bad idea.

Bad idea.

Who knew that this cottage was also the habitat for every single spider that roamed the earth.

"L-let's le-eave, M-mingyu.." I shrieked (embarrassingly loudly), turning around to escape as fast as my body would let me, before I was stopped by his firm grip.

"No wait, you haven't seen the good part yet," he pleaded, smiling foolishly at me.
"I also set something up before I took you here..."
He then added, his grin widening when I walked back to him.

"O-okay."
I whispered, and let him lead me to a worn out wooden door, curled red paint around the edges.

Inside was a relatively small room, but the fairy lights that had been draped around it allowed the room to illuminate in a serene fashion.

An old fireplace was dimly lit in the corner, and there were cushions littered upon the floor.

"Suprise!"
He shouted from behind me, tackling me onto the ground of cushions below.

Trapped underneath him, I stared into the deep pools of his black eyes, and I knew I was grinning like a fool.

"Happy Birthday, Wonwoo."

Laughter then bubbled out from both of us, bouncing of the walls, and then I leaned in, and kissed him.

Author's Note🥀
Sorry for the wait, we've been busy with examss
++next chapter will be out sooner, so stay tuned lmao
i trieddd to make this as fluffy as possible
So until next time!!💓