The Visit

Brendon woke up before me. I woke up to an empty bed. I went downstairs in search for my boyfriend a little anxious that maybe something happened to him.

"Brendon!"

I called a little quietly.

I entered the kitchen to see Brendon standing near the counter holding ripped envelope and a piece of paper in his hand. He was making a sour face as his eyes skimmed the paper. He shook his head and threw that paper in the trash.

"What was that?"

I asked.

"What was what?"

Brendon asked looking up quickly.

I looked into his glasses to see the light reflection. I crossed my arms and walked closer to him.

"That paper you just threw away?"

I asked.

"Oh, that was nothing."

He replied with a fake smile.

I blinked at him before turning to the trash and picking up the letter and reading it out loud.

"Sarah. This is Troy. I'm sending you a letter from the LA County Jail. I want you to come visit me. Alone. When're you can get away from Brendon."

I said.

There was an eraser mark under Brendon's name that said shit hole. Which I highly disagreed with.

"You were trying to hide the fact that Troy wanted to see me?"

I questioned.

"Sarah you have to understand."

Brendon pleaded as he came closer to me.

He thought I was upset.

"I just don't trust him especially around you and I didn't want you to get hurt I was trying to protect you."

He said.

"Are you mad at me?"

He asked.

He wrapped hi arms around my waist like a belt and rested his head against my lower stomach.

I took off his glasses and placed them on the table.

I slowly made my way down to him giving him a kiss.

"Why would I be?"

I asked.

Brendon rose to his feet.

"You wanted me to be safe."

I added.

Brendon pulled me close and kissed me with his hands still wrapped around my waist just less tight. I placed my hands on his shoulders.

"I think I should go to the visit though."

I said breaking the kiss.

"What? Why?"

Brendon asked as he furrowed his brows and moving out of my arms quickly.

"Because I want to set him straight."

I replied.