Chapter Nine

Jayden's point of view:

I open my eyes, and immediately regret it before shutting them back. That sun light is super annoying and way too bright.

When did the sun shine so bright in my room? That's why I love my room where its at. Its on the back side of the house, where the sun doesn't hit first thing in the morning and plus my black curtains blocks it out.

I yank my eyes open again. Once they adjust to the brightness, I see where the window is, but instead of black, I see white curtains.

What the hell... I scan around the room and notice the walls are light purple, not light blue. Whose room am I in? I turn my head and see a person sleeping beside me. Her body is facing me. My breath leaves my body once I recognize her.

Isabelle...

Oh shit.

I very carefully lift the covers up to check if I'm still wearing clothes. To my relief, I am thank goodness. I look back at her. I see a strand of hair covering her face. I fight the urge to brush the hair behind her ear, but that's a risk of waking her and that's not something I want to do at the moment.

I take the time to finally get a closer look at her face. I sometimes admire her from a distance. I'm not a stalker or creep by no means, but since the day she arrived, I always thought she was beautiful.

I never had the courage to speak to her though. So I put on the stuck up rich boy act. I made sure she either hated me, or stayed away. She's too sweet of a girl for me to mess around with.

Even the day she saved my dad, I was so impressed by her bravery, all I wanted was to hug her and thank her.

All the times I threatened to have her fired, hurt not only her but me too. Part of me wants her gone so I wouldn't have to see her. The other part would never want her gone.

The night in the kitchen with her, was the funnest time I had in a while. Being with her was comforting, like we are good friends or something. It made me forget the truth of who I am, until I had to open my mouth about my dad, then she started asking questions about him. I was an idiot.

I know about his health. The day I spoke to his doctor was a day I will never forget. I tried to talk to him once about it, but he ignored my questions. He told me its none of my concern. He's the one that pushed me away. He makes me feel unwanted, even though he claims he wants me to be like my brothers.

Instead of thinking about all of that, I need to figure out how I got here.

I remember the memories of last night. I remember talking to whatever her name was. Some blonde chick. I totally wanted to take her back to my room and have some fun with her, until I caught Isabelle's gaze.

I felt my heart plummet to the my feet, like I was doing the wrong thing. I suddenly lost interest in the blonde chick.

After excusing my self away from blondie, I found Brandon drinking at the mini bar. He told me it was open bar, so I drank a few drinks. Then guest were leaving and there was a bunch of alcohol left over. The bartender told us all of it was already paid for, so might as well enjoy ourselves. We didn't argue with that.

We asked if we could take the whole bottle of rum that was left over, and he said yea. So Brandon and I had the whole bottle to ourselves.

I remember the two of us hiding out in the pool house getting wasted, until Brandon mumbled something about finding Vicky. My brother is in love with a maid, and I'm scared to get involved with one specific one. So I kept drinking.