Chapter Twenty-Four

Tonight is our Huntington ball. Well its more like a celebration party for just the employees and the Huntingtons. Everyone is getting dressed for the occasion. Vicky, Tiffany and I are all up in my room getting ready.

My dress is an off the shoulder A-line style evening dress. The color is a navy blue with sparkles that start around the waist and flow down to the bottom. I slip in on and got Vicky to zip me up. After she zips it, I stand in front of my full length mirror that hangs on the back of my bathroom door.

"That was a really good choice Izzy." she examines it while I stare at my reflection.

"You look beautiful. I like yours better than mine." Tiffany pouts.

"Yours is gorgeous." I admit.

Hers is a yellow brides maid sort of dress. Its a V neckline with silver flower lace between the straps.

"I love it too." Vicky agrees.

Hers is a red strapless evening dress. Her pearl necklace she adds with it, makes the whole thing more gorgeous. She also will be wearing white satin gloves too.

We spend another hour putting on the right make up and the right jewelry. I'm wearing a diamond heart pendant. Vicky has her solid white pearl necklace and Tiffany settled with just a pair of dripping diamond earrings. I bought them for her because she didn't have much jewelry.

We spritz some perfume on and we check our selves once more.

"We are flipping beautiful. We will make these men drop to their knees." Vicky comments.

I giggle at that.

"Sawyer better like this." Tiffany says.

That makes our heads turn to her. "What?" I ask.

"Hold up. Are you two a thing?" Vicky wonders.

She just starts blushing and we squeal in excitement. I kinda knew something was happening with them two. Every time their in the kitchen with us, I always notice they normally sit together. And even at that wedding, she pulled Sawyer out to dance with her.

A knock is heard on the door and we hush.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Girls, its just me. May I come in?" Paula asks on the other side of the door.

"Yes." I reply.

Paula opens the door and beams at us. "Oh goodness, you three are so beautiful." she places her hand over her heart. I see her eyes start to glisten with tears.

"Oh Paula don't cry." I smile. "Your gonna make me cry and it will ruin my makeup." I fan my face.

She opens her clutch she's holding in her hand, and pulls out a handkerchief. She dabs her eyes with it. "You ladies are going to ruin my make up."

"Aww." Vicky strolls to her and hugs her.

Next it's me, then Tiffany. We all shared a group hug. I can feel tears start to form but I blink them away. I love these ladies more than anybody. Their my family. My sisters and my mother figure. They've been here for me since I started working at this plantation.

"That's enough. We need to head downstairs. Are you ladies ready?" Paula takes a step back.

We look at each other and nod. "Lets do this." I whisper.

We step out of my room and begin heading down the hall way. There at the top of the stairs, stand our dates.

Except Bill and Margie, theres Brandon, Sawyer, Harris and of coarse Jayden. All look so handsome in their suits. Even Harris cleans up really nice. He looks like a different man without his chief suit on.