Chapter Twenty

'drip'

'drip'

I slowly open my eyes. Where am I?

Once my eyes adjust to my surroundings, I see I'm in an empty room. The bed I'm on stinks, and it makes me want to gag. The walls are bare with no furniture any where to be seen. The only window is boarded up solid.

I look up to the single light bulb hanging from the ceiling. I try to raise my hand up to wipe the gunk out my eyes, but my arms are restrained behind my back. I start coughing because of the burning in my nose and lungs.

I remember what happened.

I was in the kitchen getting a midnight snack when I heard a noise. As I try to find whatever it was, someone covers my mouth with a rag, but then I pass out. Chloroform.

I begin to panic. Who kidnapped me?

A moment later, the door opens. With my eyes a little blurry from the gunk in my eye, I try to blink a couple times until they focus a little better. When I finally see her face, my heart drops.

"Mom?" I say in confusion.

"Isabelle, I had to do this. You left me no choice." she whispers.

"Why." I breathed out.

It hurt to know she scooped this low to kidnap me. My own mother.

"You rotten child. You left me to rot and suffer, while you go live the dream on a plantation. You even get yourself a rich boyfriend. I told you men are not to be trusted. You betrayed me Isabelle. You wont help me or give me any money to support myself, but instead buy new clothes for yourself." she yells towards the last part.

"Why would you do this mom?" I ask. It kinda hurts to even call her that.

"I will get the money I deserve. And watch you suffer like I have." she hisses.

"What are you going to do?" I whisper.

She crosses her arms and take a slow deep breath. "I will see how much your really worth. Your new family will pay for your return."

My heart is breaking. My mother is using me to collect money. I can't hold the tears that stream down my face, from her doing this to me. I should have just given her money like she asked for.

"How much do you want?" I'll try to offer her my money.

"Oh I don't want your money. Your a dirty little whore." she then snaps her fingers and another female enters the room.

"Scarlet?" I ask with shock and anger.

She just raises her eye brows and scuffs "Yea...." she looks at her fingernails like something was on it, or she's bored.

"How could you.." I begin to say.

"I couldn't have gotten into the house without help could I?" my mother ponders.

I shake my head as the tears continue down my cheeks. I was betrayed by a Huntington and my mother. I want Jayden.

"Guard this room. I have a phone call to make." mother tells Scarlet.

She nods her head and they both leave the room. I hear a faint locking sound and fading footsteps.

She done this for money. She needed it so bad, she had her own daughter kidnapped for ransom money. I silently pray for someone to come save me.

This isn't a movie though, so I doubt Jayden will come kicking the door down and rescue me. But the only thing I can do now is hope and dream for it. Jaydens loving face is the only thing on my mind until I get out of here.