Chapter Twenty-Three

Two weeks following my kidnap, everyone is finally back home and doing well. Scarlet came home two days after she was there. Bill had his heart transplant and is finally back home. Everything went perfect so he can continue on his life. Just light duties though.

Jayden and I went to see him almost everyday during his stay at the hospital. I spent a lot more time with Scarlet and Margie. They even planned a shopping trip in a few days, after Bill is comfortable back home.

Even Caleb, the older son, came to stay a few days. His wife, Jessica is super sweet and nice. She wanted to join us on our girls day out, but Caleb had to return back home. He is a big time owner of a home security business. So they left a couple days ago.

Paula, Harris and Joey held a welcome home committee for Bill yesterday, when he came home. His smile never left his face. Tears shined in his eyes as he thanked each one of the employees. I am guessing he never knew how much we cared for him.

Jayden and I have been gotten closer during this time as well. I'm more in love with him than ever. He has been so sweet to me. Even one of those nights, we actually done what Margie told us not to do. If you guessed right, then yes. We made love for the first time. Actually it was my first time but he was very gentle with me. It was a night I would never forget.

John, my dad, is still here hanging around. We been spending a lot more time with each other too. He's even gonna plan on adding me into one of his novels he writes. He still plays around with Jayden to scare him, but those two are closer now too. Jayden has been playing with him too by calling him 'pops'. Which is another name for dad. And if your wondering, my dad is still catching us kissing.

At this moment, I'm back in Bills office with Jayden. We've been keeping up with calls and emails during these two weeks, so Bill wont get overwhelmed with work. Jayden and I have everything running smoothly.

"Izzy, when do you need to pick your dress up?" Jayden asks me from the desk.

"This afternoon." I reply while sitting behind my own desk.

Jayden didn't like me working from the couch anymore, so he bought an extra desk to put in here. So now each of us have a desk.

"I cant wait to see you in it, babe." he grins at me and winks.

I can't control the blush I feel on my face. His words can still cause me to swoon.

Bill and my dad come into the office. Both of them beam at us, then looks at each other to share a secret smile. I watch them curious and wonder what their up too.

I glance back at Jayden and his eye brow is raised. His eyes meet mine and we both look confused. I shrug and continue emailing a teacher that wants to schedule a field trip out here.

"Are you two gonna hide in here all day?" John asks.

"We have work to do." Jayden replies without looking away from the screen.

Both of them slowly shake their heads. I notice Jayden glance up at my dad and both share a secret behind their eyes.

Way too many hidden secrets in here. I stand from desk and head to the door. "I'm going to check on Vicky." I say then quickly step out of the room.

I release a breath, then head to the kitchen.

As I enter, I see Paula giggling at something Harris is whispering in her ear. His hand is placed on the side of her waist. I gape at them, then bite my bottom lip to cover my giggle.

Paula's eyes looks behind Harris's shoulder and gasps. She shoves him back and Harris looks hurt then turns around when he see's her face.

"Oh, Izzy. We uh....didn't hear you come in." he clears his throat.