Chapter Twenty-one

"Open the door" I hear my mother tell Scarlet.

The door opens and she appears in the room with a looks of disgust towards me.

"I cant believe that old man will actually be willing to pay for your return." she shakes her head.

Bill. No, he cant give her any money. I'm not worth it. I wish I could tell him not to but it's what she wants. What will she do with me. It still hurts that she is betraying me and using me like this. She's not my mother.

"Get up you whore. If you think you are going back with them, you're wrong. You will be a good use for me." she hisses.

What is she planning on doing? Force me to use my body for cash? Force me to steal? 

"What is wrong with you? I'm your daughter." I whimper.

"A daughter wouldn't abandon her poor mother and live with a rich family." she retorts.

My tears fall again. I had no choice back then to leave. She was only using me to get money and Paula was the only one who wanted to hire me for a job. Plus I had a place to live while working at the plantation.

She snaps her finger and Scarlet comes from the doorway to stand beside her. Scarlet stares at me with disgust but looks over at my mother.

"Take her to the car and put her in the trunk." she orders Scarlet.

Scarlet comes over to me and grabs my hands that's tied behind my back. She pulls me up off the bed and forces me to stand up.

"Why Scarlet? I done nothing wrong to you. You know I'm a good person. I saved your fathers life." I beg her, but whisper the last part.

"Shut up." she replies.

My mother leaves the room and Scarlet forces me to walk and follow her. We go down a hallway and she yanks me to turn as we enter into a living room. This house appears to have been empty for quite some time. It gives me a creepy feeling.

Spider webs and dust on every inch and corner. Holes in the ceiling and light fixtures bare from being yanked down. No furniture anywhere.

My mother reaches into a brown paper bag and pulls out a needle an a small bottle.

"W..whats that?" I stutter in fear.

She turns to me with a smirk. "I cant have you making a sound while I make the swap can I?"

What is she talking about? Why would I need to be quiet during the swap? I look at Scarlet then it hits me.

"Your gonna inject me, to keep me quiet?" I whisper.

"Yes. This," she holds the needle up, "will keep you quiet while I will use her to play you." She walks over to a bag lying on the floor and throws it to Scarlet. She catches it with her free hand and puts it on the floor beside her. Scarlet slowly turns her head to me. Her face shows no emotion but she quickly looks away.

My mother sticks the needle into bottle and pulls the end of it until a clear liquid fills the needle. She holds it away from her and slowly walks to Scarlet.

"Its time." She tells Scarlet.

I refuse to be drugged by her. I kick my mother on her knee and she drops the needle. Confusion flows through me as Scarlet lets go of my hands. She doesn't even try to stop me.

"Go" she screams at me.

I don't hesitate so I run over to the door. Since my hands were tied behind my back, I quickly turn around and fumble to try to grab the door knob. I see my mother get up off the floor and curse at me.