Chapter 8

-later that day-

"Ok I'm willing to try! he can stay and well see how it goes ok?" I put my hand on my hes and pace trying to wrap my head around the fact that he's going to be sticking around for a while.

"Thank you Cait. i don't see whats wrong with him staying. you two were best friends. what happened to that?"

"I-i don't know... your right"

"And he's getting throat surgery soon so talk while he can cause it'll be hard to talk when he can't for a couple weeks."

"Oh god why?"

"To get lymph nodes removed he'll be fine, its nothing super serious"

"Ok.."

Luke smiles as keith comes up from behind me and pokes me in my sides causing me to jump. "OH MY GOD!" I scream and laugh a little.

"So whats the verdict?" he asks smiling. "hey theres that pretty smile i never see anymore."

I blush a little "you can stay... why didn't you tell me you were having throat surgery!?"

"I tried to but you kinda were ignoring me. its nothin too bad don't be worried."

"Ok.. well I gotta go."

Keith puts an arm around me stopping me. "where ya going?"

"I was going to go riding possibly."

"Can I come?"

I sigh "actually I'm just gonna stay home. If your going to be around i gotta at least work on making this a little less awkward."

"Thats step one" he laughs. "Why don't we go grab lunch or something? maybe head to the beach?"

"Its march its not that warm"

"True but its still pretty"

"Ok why not" i smile a little and Keith grabs his keys. "so when are you going to get the surgery done?"

"This friday"

"What!? thats in like 3 days!"

"Yeah"

"Why didn't you tell me earlier!?"

"Well you haven't been talking to me so..."

"Oh yeah uh well.." I look down. "I'm sorry i shouldn't have done that i was so stupid..."

"Its ok i mean its not but i forgive you" he smiles "i can understand why"

"I know this sounds weird but i don't want you to not be able to talk.. i.. i don't know ..."

"You still like me don't you?"

"Yes.."

"Then its understandable..."