Chapter 3: briefing

Emmalyn p.o.v

The ride to the pack house was silent. No one dared to utter a word. Once we got to the pack house Xander locked the doors to the car and looked back at us.

"Take these and put them on."

He said as he handed us both gas masks. I strapped it to my head and looked through the goggles. The goggles appeared green on the outside but once you look through them your vision is the same as without them.

"Okay now there should be a button near your chin that will tighten the mask and open up your air."

He said and I felt for the button. Once I found it I pushed it and I felt the mask tighten around my face. I felt pure air go into the mask and Xander unlocked the doors.

We all hopped out and Xander lead us inside the pack house. Inside the once beautiful living room was now bear and empty. The staircase had teens sitting on the stairs waiting to hear what the alpha had to say. The large dining room was cleared out and filled with people. Doctor began to bring stretchers into the living room and these large plastic boxes.

'Quarantine chambers for the sick.'

My wolf, freedom, tells me. I continue to follow Xander till we get to the front of the dining room. The large table is pushed up aginst the wall and Altaïr, alex, and cole are standing up there. They all have gas masks on as well. Xander ushered Ava and I onto the table as well.

"Attention! Attention!"

Altaïr yelled as everyone still kept talking and panicing. I rolled my eyes and let out a long, loud new York whistle. Everyone shut up and looked up at Altaïr.

"Thank you Emma."

Alex said and I nodded back at her. She held a little figure on her hip and I knew it was cole.

"As you all know an illness is sweeping across the Allied packs! Alpha Mark has developed a name for this, The Black Plague. Alpha sage sent in two infected people to alpha Mark and they made a discovery.

This Illness is lethal to all werewolf kind. So far only Alpha's, Beta's, and their children have been proven immune. Each alpha has sent in some on their blood to be tested to see how we are immune. No results have come back yet.

Alphas Derek, Mark, sage, and Kaden have all put there packs under quarantine. No one gets in or out of those packs except the alphas. I am officially placing my pack under quarantine as well. No one leaves or enters!"

Altaïr said and some women began to cry, children began to sob. The teens all began to panic a little as well. They all began moving away a little from one guy who looked like he just worked out.

Cole began to cry and hold onto alex. She tried rocking him and shushing him but it failed. I went over by them and began to talk to cole.

"Hey buddy it's okay."

I tell him and he looked at me.

"I don't want to die."

He whispers to alex and me. I'm shocked as he shouldn't be scared. He is immune after all.

"Baby your not gonna die. You immune."

Alex tells him and he sighs and lays his head on her shoulder. She holds him to her and he begins to calm down a little.

"Do you know the symptoms?!"

A teen from the stairs shouted and everyone quieted down. There eyes landed back on Altaïr as he looked through his phone quickly.

"So far alpha Mark found out some symptoms. The early signs are Head ache, fever, increased heart rate, passing out, and vomiting. Later signs are hallucinations, vivid nightmares, and blisters all over your body. Signs that come at least 3 days before death are urges to kill your mate, strokes, heart attacks, intense pain, and the loss of your wolf."

Altaïr said and all the teens screamed and ran up the steps. Sitting on the steps was a boy who looked to be 15. He was vomiting and sweating.

"Gorge!"

A woman yelled as she broke down sobbing. Her mate held her close as two people in hazmat suits came out of the living room. They came over and placed a bag over this boy. They lead the boy out and into the large plastic box.

They came back in and removed the carpet. They placed the carpet in a bag and tied the bag off. They placed a tarp over the area where the boy was.

"Everyone I want you to neatly leave through the back door in the kitchen."

Altaïr yelled and everyone else began leaving. Altaïr turned to me and Ava.

"Ava no matter what you need to keep that gas mask on as you are not immune. But as for you emmalyn you are a different story."