Chapter 14: Alpha sage

Emmalyn p.o.v

Sage's pack had to of been the worst of it all. Trash cans were flipped over. Cars were abandoned in the middle of the road. I even saw a grown man beat a pup for a gas mask.

"Look."

Mark said as he slowed the car down. He pointed across the street to a man who is yelling at a pup.

I couldn't hear the whole conversation but the man slapped the pup and he fell to the ground. I wanted to jump out of the car but mark held my arms.

"Let me go mark!"

I yell but he holds me back. His eyes are sorrowful and regretful.

"I can't. We need to keep driving."

He says as he turns on child lock. I watch as the man begins to kick the pup and soon the pup stops moving. He killed the pup over a gas mask!

We keep driving till we get to the pack house. The pack house looks terrible. Windows are smashed, trash is all over the yard, guards are walking around the house is hazmat suits and gas masks.

We get out of the car and walk up to the house. We are let through by the guards and we walk in. The inside is worse than the outside. Furniture is flipped against doors and windows. Cupboard doors are left open or off its hinges.

"Sage is down in the basement with luna Jaylin and miss Jade."

A guard tells us and we nod. We walk down to the basement where a large metal door stands before us.

"Do we knock?"

I ask mark and he shrugs.

"I guess so."

He says as he takes his fist and bangs it on the door. He knocks one, two, three times.

"Who is it?"

A man on the other side asks. I smile and Mark sighs.

"Alpha mark and my mate."

Mark says and a little noise can be heard from the other side. I guess maybe getting something ready.

"We need you to strip of your cloths."

The man says and Mark and I share a confused look.

"Why?"

I ask and the voice sighs.

"Your cloths are contaminated. We need you to strip down and then we will open the door. We have cloths waiting for you."

The man says and we do ass he asks. I take my shirt and bra off and throw them behind me. Mark growls in approval and I blush.

"Please don't mate right outside my basement."

The voice said and I giggle. Mark takes his shirt off and I see a well defined V and 8 pack. His chiseled chest goes perfect with his strong biceps.

I take off my pants and underwear and Mark does the same. I try not to look at him but he looks at me. He grows in approval yet again and I blush.

"Ready?"

The voice on the other side asks.

"Ready."

I tell them and they open the door. We rush in and they shut it behind us. We are surrounded by blue curtains and Luna Jaylin stands in front of us. I instinctively stand in front of Mark to block him from her view.

"Here you go."

She says after she giggles a little. She hands us some cloths and leaves the curtain area. I got a tight white V neck tank shirt and some white pants. Mark got a white tee shirt and some white pants as well. But I got a bra and underwear and he got white boxers.

"Do you guys have briefs?!"

He shouts and I blush as I finish getting dressed. Out of no where a white flash is throne over the curtain. Mark catches it and throws the boxers back over.

"Thanks!"

He shouts and I blush even more. He finishes getting dressed and we step out of the curtain. The room has white tile floors and white walls. The ceiling is white with in ceiling lighting. It has black table tops with science stuff on top of it.

"How are you mark?"

A voice says and we turn to face it. Alpha sage is dressed in like attire as he walks towards us.

"I'm doing well. Have you seen your pack above ground?"

Mark says as they shake hands. Jaylin walks up with a toddler holding her hand.

"Hi I'm luna Jaylin and you are?"

Jaylin asks as we shake hands. We both smile at one another.

"I'm emmalyn Chandler, Alpha Wyatt Chandler of the United Packs daughter."

I tell her and she gasps.

"United Packs? Well that's probably a long story."

She says and I nod.

"Is this your daughter?"

I ask her as I kneel down to the toddlers hight.

"Yes this is jade. Jade say I to emmalyn."

Jaylin tells her daughter. Jade has brownish red hair and the most striking brown eyes.

"Hello emma."

She says and I shake her hand.

"Hello jade."

I tell her and she smiles. I stand back up to meet Jaylin's hight.

"So tell me about the United packs."

She says and I sigh.

"I can't tell you much ass I didn't grow up there."

I tell her and she nods.

"I see, where did you grow up?"

She asks and I smile.

"The warrior pack. My father sent me there to keep me safe from a civil war going on when I was born."

I tell her and she nods.

"Well I must be going. Jade needs to go down for a nap."

Jaylin says and we bid each other good bye. I walk over to mark and he smiles.

"So how's the cure coming along?"

Mark asks and sage sighs.

"Well we haven't figured much out. But we can tell you that based off of my blood sample we have what we need to make a vaccine. But in order to create a cure we have one problem."

Sage says and Mark furrows his eyebrows.

"What would that problem be?"

Mark asks asks and sage sighs.

"We don't have a blood sample from every luna, beta male, beta female, and alpha."