Chapter 5: Shivaay finds out

Tia POV

I woke up early in the morning and tried to call Robin but Romi refused to give him the phone. I went to the window and I could see Anika sitting in front of the mirror. I could see Naina and Jia walking around the room. Anika did not look pleased.

I heard Shivaay come out of the bathroom.

"Looks like the Ranas treat her like family. Look the Rana sisters are in her room." He walked to my side. I saw his eyes turn a bit dreamy. Then they went rigid. I looked to the room to see Om and Anika laughing. She was throwing some things at him and he was dodging.

Suddenly Anika spotted us watching, her face went rigid, she strode to the window and shut the curtains abruptly. The moment the curtains closed, Shivaay unfroze.

"Tia, don't you think you should change. Ma said you and Mallika need to be ready for the pooja by 10 and it is already 8:30." he asked before walking out of the room.

Later as I climbed down the stairs, I saw Anika rushing downstairs helping with the preparations. Doesn't she ever get tired? Then I saw her pause suddenly near the stairs slightly panicked.

"Anika?" I called. Her eyes seemed unfocused. Naina rushed across the hall.

"Anika? Are you okay? Bhaiya told you to rest. Anika, we can look after all this. He will kill us if anything happens to you."

She signalled Om to get her from there. Anika was stubborn. I smiled, she was perfect for Shivaay.

"No Naina Di. We will be fine."

Om was adamant after all he had been dealing with Shivaay for many years. "Anika, no...you can see it from the second floor."

He then carried her up the stairs while she tried to get down. When he reached me both of them went silent. Anika's eyes looked hurt while his glared. I was hurt but was glad that Anika at least had someone who stood by her. Shivaay was always weak when it came to blood and his family.

"""""-

Rudra POV

Seeing O Bhaiya carrying Anika Bhabhi up the stairs felt like betrayal to Shivaay Bhaiya.

"Rudra...make sure she doesn't move from here." He said as he kept her down. She looked super pissed. The glance she gave me told me that keeping her there would be very tough.

"I will make sure she doesn't go." A voice came from my left. I cringed. I looked around. Sid bhaiya was not even there.

"Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi...I asked my brother not you." Om replied. Anika's face paled.

"Om no. He is your brother." She said.

"Oh yes Omkara. I forgot that you gave up the Oberoi name. But last I checked Rudra is an Oberoi and my brother."

Anika looked ready to become an ostrich and put her head into the ground. "Om, I think Jia and Naina Di need your help. Please go. I will sit here. I promise."

Om left in huff.

Shivaay Bhaiya sat next to Anika Bhabhi. She got up.

"You promised him." Shivaay replied.

Anika glared at Shivaay. Oh great a face off.

"I need to go to my room. You watch your wife's godhbharai." I turned to talk to Bhaiya. Om was my brother too.

Anika POV

I walked down the hall to my room. I had no interest in watching the godhbarai function from upstairs and especially not sitting next to him.