Chapter 6: The Deal

Shivaay POV

My phone was ringing like some rabid animal bit it. My heart was racing like a rabbit. All the managers were calling that mergers and deals were getting cancelled.Finally I picked up the phone.

"Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi...what the hell is going on? You better save my sister from the mess you have pushed her into."And now this brother of Anika. I cut the call and threw the phone.

Bye Bye stupid phone.My secretary, Misha stood at the door terrified."Sir, you should see this?" She passed me her tablet and I could see a news piece already on the screen.

"Ms. Anika or should we say Mrs. Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi was seen at Pearl Memorial Women and Child Hospital earlier this week with Omkara Singh Oberoi. Is Ms. Anika ill? Is that why the Oberois are keeping her out of their family?"

Below it were pictures of Anika and Om coming out of the hospital. Both of them looked slightly worried. Anika was not smiling her usual mask smile. While Om was reading something in the file. 

"So? Why are you showing me this?" I scowled.

Misha seemed to retreat to the corner. "Sir, there are accusations that the Oberoi family ditched their first daughter-in-law because of her ill health and her low status because of that even the employees are quitting." She trembled slightly as she spoke.

That was when I realised what a monster the entire world thought I was. Just because of Her. I grabbed the car keys. I would teach her a lesson whether she was a Rana or not.

As I pulled into her area, I saw that her house was surrounded by the media. I could hear anchors of various Tv gossip channels speculating. But everyone silenced as I stepped out of the car.

 I walked to the door and knocked.That new found brother of hers opened the door.

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi...how can I help you?" He did not look pleased to see me.

"Where is she?" I hissed. 

I needed her statement.He glanced over his shoulder. "She is resting."

Resting? Anika never slept in the afternoon. Is she not well? I pushed him aside and walked in. She was lying on the bed. Her face looked so serene."Anika...are you okay?" I held her hand. She woke up with a start. 

She quickly sat up."Aap?" 

She looked at everything but me.My anger started building up. Why was I concerned about this girl?

"I need you to tell the Media that you are divorcing me and that it was just an arrangement."

 I commanded her.Her face contorted into a victorious smile."Wah Dekh Anika...the great Bhagad Billa is commanding you. Mr. Oberoi, don't you think you should be requesting?" She asked with her eyebrows almost ready to jump out of her face.

"Ani..." Her brother came into the room.She looked at him and smiled. "Bhaiya, two minutes and by what time is Om reaching?"

Om was coming here? Why should he? "You better get out of the bed and get ready before he comes if not he is going to ask me a million questions and say that I am not looking after you properly." He said in ENGLISH.

"Anika, your brother speaks English?"

Anika looked at me with a mocking smile. "Why is English come with a stamp of KKN?"

"KKN?"

She nodded as she got off the bed. "Khoon Khandhan Naam."

What? KKN? Seriously?I held her hand. She tried to pull it out."Whatever. I just want you to tell the media what I told you."She turned around and she looked so angry.