Chapter 18: Shivaay is Fooled

Shivaay POV
"Why did you call me so urgently?" Neel asked. He looked tensed.
"I found these in Anika's medical file. I think her friend was trying to let me know something." I said as searched through my phone.
Neel looked at me puzzled. "You and Anika are together again."
I nodded. Where the hell were the pictures? Did I accidently delete them? I checked in my trash and saw there was only one image. I opened it and saw that it was a note.
---
Dear Shivaay Singh Oberoi,
It is not nice to snoop through the medical files of other people. So stay out.
-AR
---
So she had deleted. I threw the phone. Neel looked up. He was so used to it that his expression did not change.
"She found out, didn't she?" He smirked.
I looked up at him. How did he know?
He smiled. "Don't think, how I know. She is my boss. I have heard about her way of finding things."
His boss? "What?"
He nodded. "Yup. She owns the Pearl Hospital. It is part of the Rana Hospital group. She bought it about a month back. I would say that for a young woman just started her bachelors, she sure knows how to a spot a diamond mine."
I nodded. Pearl was something I had been considering procuring.
"Anyways, be vary of your wife."
I nodded and thanked him.
As I drove home, I was hit by a sense of doom. Now to face the Pinky tornado trying to attack Anika.
As I walked into the house, I saw Prinku and Priya huddled on the couch watching the tv.
"Hi Bhaiya, your food is on the table." Prinku said.
I nodded then I remembered Anika.
"What about Anika?" I asked.
Priya was watching the tv. "Mama took it."
What! Mom took it. I rushed to my room. I saw Anika sleeping on the bed. She was tucked under the blanket. There was a night light on casting a blue glow in the room.
I walked to her side and watched her sleep. She had a small smile on her face and she looked calm.
Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my hand. I looked at the screen. It was a call from Mallika.
I quickly walked out of the room.
"Hello Mallika." I said.
"It is not Mallika. It is Siddarth Vikram Rana and WHERE THE HELL IS ANIKA?" He shouted that despite keeping the phone a mile away, it seemed like he was shouting into my ear.
"She is sleeping." I replied.
I heard some murmuring in the background.
"Hello Shivaay. Mallika here. Sorry about Sid. She already slept?"
"Yes. Why?"
I heard some more grumbling in the background. Then I heard Mallika sigh.
"No, usually here, she sleeps later." What? Then why did she sleep fast? Did mom say anything?
I walked back into the room and walked to Anika's side.
"Anika!" I called and shook her.
She quickly got up. She looked worried. "What happened?"
"Did Ma say anything to you?" She looked at me like I had grown an extra head.
"Mad fellow." She grumbled and turned to the other side. "Leave me alone. Let me sleep." She whined.
I shook her again. Then I felt a pillow slap me.
"If you dare to irritate me again. I will kill you." She screamed.
Okay. She was a real grouch now.
I walked to Om's room. I was about to enter when I remembered that Om had a wife now. When I knocked. Rudra opened the door. He scowled when he saw me.
"How can I help you?" He asked.
"Rudra!" I said.
He looked indifferently. "It is Rudra Singh Oberoi."
It hurt me when he said that. But I knew I deserved it.
"Rudra! Who is there?" Om called.
"Nobody O."
Rudra gave me a glance and closed the door.
------

Om POV
Rudra was lying down on my bed looking at some files.
"It was Shivaay right?" I asked.
Rudra ignored my question.
"He is an even bigger dumbbell Oberoi than you. Forgive him right?"
Rudra looked up. "I love Bhaiya. But I don't think I can ever forgive him. He left me to fight the wolves. He knew I knew nothing about business. O, even you struggled. Thankfully, Anika di asked her brothers to help me and not attack me. That is why today the Oberoi enterprises is still standing. Do you even know at how many meetings Dev Bhaiya just stepped down from fighting a tender because Anika di looked at him? That is what siblings are. The Rana siblings are feared you know? They talk to each other without even uttering a word. Meetings can be conducted with just minutes and no one else in the room, will even know."
Rudra looked down at the files sadly. I knew he felt super jealous of the Ranas. We used to be like that, a very long time. Our secrets had got in between us. We had promised. Yet all of us broke it.
"Rudra, he made a mistake. We should forgive him." I advised him. He got up from the bed gathering his files.
"No! I will send Ishana Bhabhi here." He grouchily left.
He may have become Rudra Singh Oberoi outside but inside he was still the baby Oberoi of the family. I felt a bit guilty that I could not help him with the business but I just could not bear going into the office.
Ishana walked in. She looked a bit annoyed. "Why are there so many people in your house? I had to hide behind pillars and all to hide from them. I was almost caught by that Pinky."
I looked up at her. "Chotima...." I corrected.
"Yours not mine. She hurt my best friend." She scowled.
Oops looks like she was in thunderstorm mode.
"Jaanu, you know that the Oberois are like that." I got up and hugged her. She pushed my hands and went to the bed and took a pillow and blanket. She shoved it into my hand and dragged me outside the room.
"Go sleep with the Oberois that you justify." She then slammed the door shut.
So because of my family, I was in the doghouse.
I walked to the library near the pool to lie down when I saw Shivaay on the phone.
"Neel, I need you to find out. Check the files.......don't worry if you get caught, I will get you a new job.........I need to know what Anika is hiding.....yes, I know....you are a doctor......can't you do this for your best friend.......okay call me when you get the info."
What was Shivaay trying to find out?