Chapter 18 : Anika is Insulted

Soumya POV

As soon as Anika Bhabhi and Mallika Di left the room, Siddarth and Shivaay too made their exit.

Shivaay and Siddharth were having a heated agreement about the way Anika was treated in the meeting. Both of them were discussing ways to destroy the society.

I certainly will not miss the snobs. Looks like the arrival of the two witches had reminded Anika Bhabhi's brother and Husband about the torture she went through yesterday.

Rudra was still sitting at the table looking at some papers. I decided not to trouble him and turned to leave the room.

"Sumo?" A rather scary voice called. I turned around to look at Rudra. His eyes devoid of any emotion.

"What happened yesterday at the meeting with Bhabhi?"

I gulped. I knew how protective Om and Rudra were of Anika. After Shivaay had run away, they had become even worse.

"The meeting was a disaster. All the vultures were trying to peck Anika Bhabhi."

I saw Rudra tense. "What did they say?"
Then I remembered Anika Bhabhi's mask. She had become Bade Bhaiya for a few minutes.
"First when Mallika di and Bhabhi entered, the Ranas and Oberois were seated separately. Then that Mrs. Handa and that Ragini's mom made a whole scene about how Anika Bhabhi would have to choose whether she was Miss. Rana or Mrs. Oberoi or with Mrs. Raichand as they did not have an idea. After that they started making all sorts of nasty comments like about her upbringing and then they played pranks." I felt tears slowly come down my face.
Rudra sat on the bed. "Did you beat them up with your paratha hands?" He asked with a small smile.
"No Ru. She held my and Mallika's hands tight. She moved me closer to her and Mallika's seat. She took all the pain on her. She knew it would happen. She came for me."
Rudra held my shoulders. "You?"

I nodded. The time had come to reveal the stories of the meeting. "They always make comments about how it was because you were drunk that you married me." I saw his eyes harden.
"Why do you go for these stupid dumb girls club?" He growled.
I looked at him shocked. "I thought it would help you."
He scowled. "What? You being treated like dirt? You are the Oberoi Bahu. The youngest but just as important as the other two. What did you think that you being treated like dirt would make my relations with the business partners improve. No Saumya, all those there just want to destroy the Oberois and me being there alone, just made it easy. When he ditched us those months ago, the whole world forced me into the Oberoi empire but no one can ever respect me, as I was the kid brother of Shivaay Singh Oberoi. Bhaiya always protected me from the real truth that being an Oberoi is very painful without a protection. They treat Papa , Bhaiya and Chotepapa like equals but the rudeness is prominent when it is us."

Rudra stormed out of the room muttering something about teaching them a lesson for messing with an Oberoi.

When had he become like Shivaay Bhaiya?

Anika POV

I watched the two reigning witches of Rose Society Seated in front of me. They did not have expressions of guilt but rather of contempt. I took a seat on the sofa.

"How can I help you?" I asked.

Mrs. Handa sneered. "We did not expect you here Anika."

I sat down more comfortably. This was my house and they were my guests. Well.....it was no longer my house but these did not know and did not need to know.

"Well Ma'am......I do not understand why you did not expect me in my own house."

Mrs. Malhotra sneered. "We did not expect you to be so shameless. The Rose society should be glad that you have left it."