Chapter 19: The Kids arrive and Happily Ever After

"Is  a Mr. Oberoi here?" The nurse called into the waiting room. Shivaay immediately got up and walked to the nurse.

"Is she okay? What happened? Any problem? Can I do anything? Where the hell is the doctor?" Shivaay blabbered half yelling and half pleading.

"Congratulations! You have a daughter and son." The nurse was passing the newborns into Shivaay's hands when two hands took the children.

"Rudra, Om don't you want to see the new Ranas." Siddarth called over his brothers. Mallika was holding one baby while he held the other. Shivaay stood dumbstruck. 

His entire family rushed around the babies and he was left at the sidelines. They were his kids. Shivaay decided then to meet Anika but when he entered her room to his dismay was Dev and Tia.

"Anu, how could you keep such a huge secret from us? Thank god, Tia told us if not you could have died because of blood loss. Sid and I broke all the traffic laws today."

Shivaay watched as Anika smiled weakly. "Bhaiya, Shivaay was there with me."
Dev looked up and glared at me.
"Mr. Oberoi, our lawyers have got the divorce papers ready. Please sign them."
Shivika's eyes widened. They did not want to leave each other.
"Bhaiya, but......"
Dev held his hand up. "No Anu."
He and Tia walked out of the room. Anika looked at Shivaay in horror. He rushed out of the room following Dev.
"But Dev....."

Dev did not stop walking. "Bhabhi.....we are leaving. Sid is staying back. Adi and Ayu need us. Mom called."

Mallika looked up. "What about Tia?"

Dev stilled. "She can do whatever she wants as long as she does not hurt the kids or Anu."

Mallika glanced at Shivaay rushing after her brother-in-law.

"Shiv...." She called. Shivaay stopped. He looked dishevelled. 

"Mallika.....Anika.....Dev is sending the divorce papers......" He gasped. Mallika's eyes widened. She did not know her husband and brother were up to this nonsense. Could they not see how much their little girl loved this man."

Mallika walked up to her best friend. "Shiv, calm down. I will talk to them. You stay here. Anu is alone now. Go talk to her."

---------------------

Shivaay ran into his love's room in a frenzy. Anika looked at him with wide eyes. 

"Shivaay, what did Bhaiya say? How can he take you away? Hamara Bachche...."Tears were rolling down her cheeks as she tried to form sentences. 

Shivaay brushed Anika's tears. "Jaan, why didn't you tell me before that you had complications like this?"

Anika pushed Shivaay away. "How? Shiv, you just wanted to prove that you were strong and could control me."

Shivaay looked at her bewildered. "Me? I was trying to protect you."

Anika grimaced. "Protect? Seriously, I have seen better protection than what you have done." She sneered. 

Shivaay gasped. "What do you mean?" He asserted. 

--------------------

Mallika and Tia were trying to make Dev and Siddarth understand why Shivaay was important for "Mr Rana, what the hell do you think you are doing?" A voice boomed.

All of them turned to see Priya and Priyanka rush towards them. Priyanka was holding onto Priya's hand and trying to slow them down. 

"Are you mad? Why are you trying to separate those two? Do you have nothing better to do? Is your life that boring? I know how hard it is to live without your own. What are you both doing?"

Viren was standing in the background watching the drama. He watched as his girlfriend ripped the brothers into shreds. 

"Priya, Anu is better of without that fellow." Dev protested.

Priya glared at him. 

"Yes, like you are better of without Tia and Sid without Mallika." Another voice came. Viren grin grew as he watched Jia and Naina also come in with his elder brother tagging along.

Dhruv slid next to Viren.

"Viru, what is this mahabharat happening here?" 

Viren laughed. "Arre Bhai, it is not Mahabharat, it is world war 3. The Naari party is punching Sid Bhaiya and Dev Bhaiya."

Dhruv nodded. "Accha okay. I will go see the nayi members of the family."

"Family?"Viren questioned. Dhruv nodded. 

"Aur nahi toh kya? When I marry Naina and you marry Priya then we will become uncles to those two no?" He grinned while Viren's eyes went wide.

-------------------

"Papa, I can't believe Mamu finally let you stay with Ma." Ansh stated as they watched Anika and Shivaay's second wedding video. 

Anika laughed. "Your Mamu could not say anything. Then your Chachis, Mamis, Maasis, and Buas would have killed them. So they kept quiet."

"I am glad you stayed together. If not how would I meet Mihir." Anya said.

"Mihir?" Shivaay growled. "That Rajveer's son."

Anya nodded. "Haan Papa. Mihir just asked me to be his girlfriend."

"Girlfriend? Anya you are only 19. Look at Ansh, he does not have a girlfriend. Where is my phone? I am going to cancel my deal with that Rajveer."

Anya laughed. "Papa, Ansh has so many girlfriends that even he doesn't know."

Anika giggled as she watched her kids and husband argue over girlfriends and boyfriends. How much her world had changed. Once she did not even know her husband liked her and now, she knows that he loves her more than his life.