Chapter 18: Shivika again?......Maybe not this lifetime

Shivaay sat near the pool with an old cd player that he had managed uncover from Daadi's old room. 

Shivaay POV

I did not know what to expect to be hidden in these boxes of CDs. I decided to start with the one labelled '(1)18th Birthday Wishes'.

When I pressed play, I heard Anika's voice come through

(1)18th Birthday Wises

Hello Billu and Billi,

Mama here. Happy Birthday my little angels. I am so sorry I am not there with you. Hope your Adi and Ayu Bhaiya are taking good care of you. I know that your family would have never let you feel my absence especially Shivaay and maybe even your nayi mama. 

Now to let you know how much I love you. I love you so much that I knew I could not live without you both. Even if I had to sacrifice myself, I would do it for you and I did I guess.

I stopped the cd the moment I heard her choke and sob. 

"Shivaay?" Anika was standing near the window. She looked exhausted and for the first time ever, I saw no hope in her eyes.

I placed the CD player down and walked up to her side.

"So you found it?" She whispered. Her eyes cast down. Tears trailing down her cheeks.

I lifted her hand and squeezed it. "Anika, you should rest. Come."

I led her to the bed and helped her lie down. As I tried to walk away, I felt her hand hold on to mine.

"Shivaay, please take care of them."

My heart clenched. I moved to her side and sat down. "Anika! How can you give up like that? You will survive." 

Tears trailed down Anika's face. She gently shook her head. "No Shivaay, not this time. I have tried too long."

Anika POV

I felt tears rolling down my face and Shivaay's eyes pool up with tears. "Anika, you cannot give up." He whispered.

But what he did not know was that I had given up so long ago. I nodded. I could not let him think that I had lost hope. If not he would too and my children needed at least a parent. Family can look after you but living without your parents is very hard.

"You can fight this." He cupped my face and pulled me close. "I am so sorry sweetheart." He whispered huskily.

"Stay away from me." I pushed him away. "I am just the mother of your children not your wife."

I strayed my eyes away from his for I knew they would hold and walked towards the door when I felt an intense pain from my abdomen. I felt my knees give away under the pain.

"Anika!" Shivaay rushed to my side. 

I was starting to see black.

"Take care of them!" I croaked out.

Shivaay squeezed my hand. "I will never let you go."

He growled.