Questions Round 1

These are the questions about MSW being repeated which I answered in the author's not on MSW. I already deleted the note from the actually book, but if you've already read the author's note, you don't have to go through this and can just skip to the next part. (The question with the voting POVs was omitted, since that part has passed) 

1. Does Dylan have short hair or does she wear a wig? I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this at least twice in the story; Dylan has short hair. Think about it; why would someone who has lived her whole life as a boy and is trying so hard to make people believe she is one grow her hair so long that she has to wear a wig? That's like grabbing your left ear with your right hand from behind your head; take the shortcut and just cut your hair. Her hair doesn't have a particular shape, although it does fall just a tiny bit over her forehead. I've posted a picture on Twitter that I think might make it easier for you to imagine her: pic.twitter.com/qVIG9eDsjY

2. How does Dylan dress to hide her gender? It's pretty simple. She wraps a long bandage around her torso to flatten her chest and hide the fact that she has boobs. Her bodily hair remains intact, so if she wears shorts, it's not an issue. I know it's gross to think of, but there was never any need for her to wax or shave any part of her body. As for clothes, she wears normal guy clothes, down to the jeans and shoes. I know guy jeans have more space around the pelvic area, and it helps conceal what's missing down there. :P 

3. Why did it take Dylan so long to realize Logan's her mate? Why didn't he realize it at the same time? Why didn't he feel the pull, too? Here's what's already been explained about true mates; they must see each other in WOLF form to recognize their own, and after they find each other, they develop a bond. First of all, Dylan's never seen Logan's wolf until chapter 18, so she couldn't have known. Second, in the river scene, Dylan was in human form, so even if Logan had seen her, he wouldn't have recognized her as his mate. As for why he didn't feel the pull when she did, I was going to explain that in another chapter, but it's really not that big of deal, and if I keep avoiding answering that question, you might think I'm holding out spoilers or something. So here goes; the pull is felt when one of them is in wolf form while they're at a short distance from each other, and that stream is actually on the edge next to her house. I haven't mentioned that because Dylan and her brothers have never been there before, so she couldn't have known that, but she will. Up until that chapter, whenever one of them shifted, they were simply too far from each other to feel the pull.

4. Why doesn't she shift in front of others? It's right there in the prologue, but in case it's too vague, I'll say it up front; being in wolf form is the same as being naked, which means that if she shifts in front of others who don't know her secret, everyone will see that she doesn't have a penis. That's all there is to it.

5. Does Dylan go into heat? For convenience's sake, I'm completely removing the concept of heat from my book. It's bad enough that Dylan bleeds four to five days each month, but I gotta add to that a few more where she's ovulating and emitting an attractive smell that would make all male werewolves want to have sex with her? She'd spend most of her life stuck in her bedroom, the poor girl. Reproduction is going to be the old fashioned human way not the instinctual wolf way, with monthly periods and pregnancies lasting nine months. There's enough complications as it is. Same goes for their wolf side having a separate conscience, in case you're wondering. I omitted that on purpose.

6. Do mates mark each other? Okay, this is a very important one. You have to remember that true mates haven't existed in centuries, therefore, even they don't know that for sure, so how would I? I guess we will find out together. I do know, though, that werewolves don't mark their human mates, who wouldn't heal the same way werewolves do and actually face the risk of infection if they are bitten by an animal. It could happen; I don't know what happens in the bedroom for mates, but that's not the point of this story, so don't be disappointed if it never comes up with human mates.

7. What is your update schedule like? I don't have a fixed schedule mainly because it all revolves around when I have enough free time to write, and when I do get time, I always finish a chapter and post it immediately. The one thing that IS fixed is that I never allow more than a week to pass between updates. So far, it's only happened a few times that I've taken exactly 7 days, and I usually update every third or fourth day, but I still want to keep that limit in case something happens and I need time. Now, if I think I might need MORE than a week, which has never been the case so far, I will alert you guys of when to expect an update.