Chapter 4 || mr. kitty (revised)

" Said no one ever. "

Tsukki freezes on the spot. His eyes close shut in hopes of thinking that that deep, velvety voice does not belong to who he thinks it does. 

  " Um, who's there? "  He calls out.  When he gets no response, he turns off the tower and slowly exits out of it

" Your probably ' annoying ' roommate. " The voice replies. The blonde stiffens, staring at the door through the foggy mirror with wide eyes. How long has he been there for?  " You usually talk to yourself in the bathroom? "

Tsukki cringes and drops his head. What a first good impression. He decides to stay silent, fixing his composure and using the towel to dry himself off. He hears a shuffle outside of the restroom, then silence, then another loud noise that sounded awfully close to the bathroom's door. The blonde scrunches his eyebrows as he listens, slipping on the clean set of clothes he prepared earlier before he showered.

" Y'know, whoever you are, I hope you're not some crazy person who talks to himself often. " The man suddenly says. Tsukki glares at the door.

" I'm not crazy. " He says, fist clenching by his sides. " I was venting. "

The man hums. " I wanna know why you were so concerned about my love life when you haven't even met me yet. "

Tsukki cringes yet again and he feels like melting into the floor. So he heard everything. " I-I'm not. It's just Bokuto-san mentioned something earlier. "

" Oh, the owl? No wonder. He said something weird, huh? That man just doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Stupid owl-head. Totally gonna beat his butt later. "

The blonde blinks at the door.

Is he a child..?

Then he stares at the door handle. If he unlocks it and turns the knob, he'd open the door and would finally see the man he'll be living with for the next year or so. He'll see his roommate. He looks over to the mirror, the fog clearing up just enough for Tsukki to see if he looks presentable enough. He pats down a few stray hairs until he pauses and makes a face at himself at his reflection. Why does he care if he looks good in front of his roommate or not? Shaking his head and nearly smacking himself, he goes back to face the door. He's just meeting someone new for the first time. Nothing dramatic. The man's not a celebrity or anything.

So why.. why is he having such a hard time opening the door?

He glares at the metal knob in his shaking hand. Then, he sighs and throws his head back.

Tsukki, this isn't like you. Get a grip.

He paints a mental image in the back of his head, something he picked up on doing when he starts to lose his concentration. He has no idea why he's using it now, given the fact he ever only does this in his matches, but its doing it's job nonetheless. With the bits of pieces of information he was given about the stranger behind the door, he puts together a rough visual of his roommate.

Long, shabby, dirty blonde hair, a stubble on his chin with wild and thick eyebrows. Eyebags on pale skin and a lazy smirk playing on his lips. The imaginary person that Tsukki has made up in his mind is someone that clearly doesn't take care of himself. Someone who is unclean and unkept. Someone who probably smells like last week's dirty laundry. Tsukki frowns. This isn't really helping.

" Hey man, no rush or anything, but a dude's gotta use the potty." The man calls out.

Tsukki scrunches his nose. " Potty? " He whispers to himself in disgust.