Chapter 11 || curses!

The smell of sweat and rubber, as disgusting as it sounds is almost like a comfort smell for Tsukki. He's gotten so used to the smell that as soon as he steps into the gym, he doesn't smell anything but air. But it's there, it's there alright.

The sound of palms hitting the ball, the ball hitting the floor, the floor squeaking against shoes and the heavy breathing all around the room, it brings back nostalgic feelings that makes him almost dizzy.

He's never really played in a volleyball gym in Tokyo, save for the one Karasuno practiced in which was nearly four years ago. If the little shrimp was here, he'd be boasting about how big it was, jumping and sprinting like a feral child. Instead, he's in Argentina with Kageyama, having the best time of their lives. He scowls at the thought.

" Tsukki-kun! " Akaashi calls out. He jogs to the blonde, sweat coating his forehead in a shiny glaze. " You made it. "

" Well, yeah. " Tsukki mutters, thinking back at the awkward conversation he exchanged with his roommate on his break.

" You aren't going to ask me what time practice is? " Kuroo asks across the room, laying obnoxiously on the bed with one hand tucked behind his head and the other scrolling down his phone mindlessly.

Tsukki makes a face at the sight, his blood nearly boiling just hearing the cool, deep voice of his roommate. He shakes his head and fixes his posture. There's no reason for him to be so worked up over nothing. " I suppose you want to tell me anyways, since you're bringing it up. " He says calmly.

Kuroo looks up from his phone for a second, cat-like eyes catching Tsukki's and the blonde swears he feels a shiver crawl down his spine. He drops his gaze back to the screen and shrugs. " So do you want it? "

Tsukki opens his mouth, but then he closes it and bites the inside of his cheek. Why is it so hard for him to just say yes? He hears Kuroo shuffle on his bed and saw that the older man has turned his back to the blonde, his broad shoulders strangely looking sad. Tsukki sighs and walks over to his own bed, where Kuroo is forced to have to see him.

" What time? "

Kuroo smiles. " 8' o clock. "

" Of course he did, I put him at gunpoint. " Kuroo says jokingly, who ran up behind Akaashi just a moment ago. Tsukki rolls his eyes and settles down his bag.

" I would've rather you shoot me. " The blonde retorts, bending down to open up his gym bag and pick out his volleyball shoes.

" Ah, he always has something smart to say. " Kuroo mumbles causing Akaashi to chuckle.

" Well, all that matters is that he's here. " The brunette points out, placing a hand on his hip. " You usually play middle blocker right Tsukki? "

Tsukki hums and nods, taking off his current shoes to slip on his knee pads. He puts away his school shoes and goes on to put on his volleyball ones, but he stops abruptly when Kuroo bends down to his level and looks at him dead in the eye with a rather menacing smirk. "The question is, blondie, are you any good at it?" He almost whispers, like he's asking for a secret.

He doesn't know why, but Tsukki could feel his ears heating up so he quickly looks away. He coughs at the bubble in his throat, and after he's done he musters the fakest smile he could. " Why don't you find out for yourself?"

Kuroo stares for a minute, and Tsukki stares back, smile slowly dropping from his face. He feels his heart picking up and beating loudly in his ear, until Kuroo quietly chuckles and pushes himself up. " You get more interesting everyday, four eyes. "

Tsukki blinks, and then registers what his roommate has just said. " Will you ever call me by my actual name? "

Kuroo pretends to think, raising his chin and tapping on it as he makes exaggerated expressions, and for whatever reason, Tsukki's eyes drop down to the sharp line of his jawline. It couldn't be helped when his gaze fits over to his lips as well, and just like last time, the memory of that night comes back like a slap on the face. His ears heats up once again and he throws his gaze down at the floor.  He almost mentally slaps himself because, what the hell?