Chapter 5 || cafeteria talks ( revised )

" Ah, you must be Tsukishima. "

Tsukki opened his eyes, plucking out his earphones and raising his head at the boy that called out to him. Right in front of him was a slightly tan boy with messy brown hair and pretty, almond eyes. Actually, despite him being a boy, he was very pretty. So pretty that Tsukki lost his grip on his phone, causing the device to drop from his hand and onto the floor. Cursing, he goes down to grab it but the boy in front of him beats him to it half-way.

" Sorry, didn't mean to startle you. " The boy says, handing the device back to the blonde. Tsukki blushes and looks away.

" You're fine. " He mutters, tucking his earphones and phone away. " Um, who are you? "

" I'm Akaashi Keiji, I heard about you from Bokuto-san. " Akaashi tells him, offering his hand towards the taller. Tsukki stares at the hand before engulfing it with his own. Long , slender fingers wrap around his, and Tsukki can't help but notice how soft Akaashi's hand were. " I'm a second year here. You'll be seeing me a lot more than Bokuto or Kuroo-san around here, given that you've met them already?"

Tsukki makes a face at the mention of roommate. Akaashi giggles. " I'll take that as a yes. "

" Well, I'm not so sure about that, since one of them is my roommate. " Tsukki tells him, not sure why he felt embarrassed.

" Oh my, Bokuto-san never told me you were roommates with Kuroo-san. " Akaashi says in surprise. " Judging from your reaction, I'm guessing you guys got off the wrong foot? "

Tsukki looks to the side and frowns. About half an hour ago he decided that taking a walk around the campus would do him much better than being in that suffocating room, especially not in the tense situation that him and his new-found roommate were in. He sighs at the thought of it. The first day hasn't even ended and he was already so tired of uni. " I guess you can say that. Um, but how did you know Kuroo-san was my roommate? "

" Oh? Well, Bokuto-san is my roommate. " Akaashi explains. " He showed an old picture of you guys back then before he left and told me to tell you hi if I ever saw you around. I honestly didn't expect to find you this early. "

Tsukki curses the owl. Showing pictures of me to people I don't even know! He probably showed that stupid barbecue selfie he for some reason likes to brag about. He closes his eyes and inhales, clenched fist shaking by his side. Totally going to beat his ass.

" Not a fan of pictures, I'm assuming ? " Akaashi snickers.

" Ah, no, it's not like that. " Tsukki says sheeply, rubbing the back of his neck.

" Bokuto-san just takes the weirdest picture of me and likes to show it off, for whatever reason. "

Akaashi laughs at that. " Don't worry, I feel you. I have unwanted pictures of me all over our dorm. "

Tsukki's eyes widen. " Is that so? You're okay with that? "

" Well, Bokuto-san and I used to have very different schedules last year. He told me gets lonely in the dorm when I'm not around, so he decided to put them up. It's better than dealing with his mood swings. "

The blonde leans against the wall and raises his eyebrow. " That's .. interesting? He gets lonely without you, huh? "

Akaashi tilts his head. " Did Bokuto-san not tell you? "

Tsukki tilts his head with him. " Tell me what? "

" Oh, well, Bokuto-san and I are actually d-"

" AKAASHII! "

Before the smaller man could even finish his sentence, Bokuto runs into him and nearly knocks the poor guy onto the floor and embraces him into a rather intimate hug. Much to Tsukki's alarm, he starts to smother the guys in kisses.