Chapter 12 || purr

The rest of the trip to the dorm was achieved in total silence. Tsukki was still in a state of shock, silently trailing behind his roommate's footsteps. Though unintentionally, the blonde couldn't help but stare at the broad of his back. For whatever reason, the view of his slouched shoulders looked unreasonably mad. But why would he be mad? He was the reason why they were in this awkward situation in the first place.

Tsukki could still feel the lingering presence of Kuroo's strong grip around his wrists, the heat against his chest and the hot breath on his neck. Given the circumstances it was no surprise when that memory popped up in his head, causing a shiver to run down his spine. He silently clicks his tongue, averting his gaze back down to the floor. Why is this affecting him so much? Why is Kuroo affecting him so much? School hasn't even officially started and yet the blonde felt as if his hair would fall out due to all the stress he's experienced. He bitterly looks at the man Infront of him.

Your fault.

When they finally reached their dorm, the older man didn't hesitate to walk straight into the restroom. Tsukki bites at his bottom lip and looks away, embarrassment suddenly flooding him. The atmosphere in the room was so dense Tsukki felt like he was going to suffocate. The silence, oddly enough, was too loud. He groans. He hates this. He hates feeling lost. He hates feeling vulnerable. If he knew that this was the cost of being in such a prestige school, he wouldn't even consider their offer. The blonde thinks back to his hometown, the peaceful countryside with his idiot best friend. He thinks about how easy life was then.

With that thought in mind, Tsukki lets out a quiet gasp and runs to his luggage. He hasn't written a letter to his family back home yet. Right now is the perfect time, needing the task to distract him from the current situation in hand. When he hears the shower turn on, he lets out a sigh of relief. He pulls out a piece of paper and a pen and settles himself in the chair in front of the room's desk. The blonde's eyes shifts to the bathroom's door, then back to his wrists, then that same ghost-like heat appears on his lips and Tsukki nearly slaps himself right then and there. He snaps his eyes back to the paper.

No more overthinking. No more overthinking.

Then, he starts to write his letter.

~

Tsukki stares at the bathroom door. It's been nearly an hour. He finished his letter half an hour ago, and yet, the bastard shows no sign of coming out. Is he having a party in there? Does he realize I need to shower as well? Tsukki groans and goes back to mindlessly scrolling through his phone. Is he mad? The blonde huffs and turns to the other side of the bed, pulling the comforter over his head and bitterly swiping his screen.

There's no reason for him to be mad. He's the one that keeps putting us in these types of situations anyways. Tsukki thinks back to the party, ears heating up at the memory. It was his idea to go to the party as well. So why would he have any reason to be mad?

Suddenly, the shower turns off and the bathroom door opens. Tsukki immediately turns off his phone and pulls the comforter tighter around his shoulders. He's not sure why he did, but he did. He takes a small peak beneath the thick fabric and catches sight of Kuroo. His mouth nearly drops. Thank God for the comforter. His usual gravity-defying bedhead was damp and down with the weight of the water, his hair surprisingly long and reaching just below his ears. Tsukki's eyes travel down south and notices the towel hung snugly against his hips, toned chest and stomach on full display and totally not affecting Tsukki.

When the older man looks over to where the blonde is, the younger quickly averts his eyes and burrows himself deeper into the comforter. He hears shuffling, followed by the faint footsteps of his roommate coming towards him in an alarming rate. The blonde holds in his breath before he even realizes it. Why is he even acting this way?