Ghost Princess ~ One

"La..La...La.." She hummed and checked her the time on her phone as she went inside the usual restaurant that her and her friends always go to every Friday afternoon after school. She was a bit early than usual, her best friend went back home to change after they both got out of school while the others were on their way.

She sighed as she sat in one of the tables in the restaurant. Pulling out her phone, she looked through WattPad to search more books to read. She knows that she's wasting her mobile date which could result to her Mother lecturing her about stop wasting the data this and wasting money that. But her Mother is telling the truth though.

"Ugh, she was so freaking annoying in Math Class." A group of highschool friends walked in the restaurant and took a seat behind where she was sitting. She ignored them and put on her headset on while leaving the left one out just to let her know that her friends were here.

"I feel bad for you, you should've come with us." The group of friends continued talking loudly.

"I know, but you know how strict my parents are. 'Have good grades' they said, 'We'll buy you things after you graduate successfully' they said." A high pitched voice whined. A girl.

"I still remember that time where she embarrassed me in front of the popular girls. She freaking stole my chance to be friends with them!" The girl continued whining. Her other friends consoled her and said mean things about the person that they're talking. She sighed as she pitied the girl that they're talking about. Her friends were late.

"Ugh, is she coming or not? If she's not, let's go and party with the boys."

She had enough of it and started calling one of her friends, meanwhile back in the group of friends, someone's phone was ringing. She rose her eyebrows and prayed that it was just a coincidence.

"Oh gosh, it's her." She remembered her best friend's voice. She stood up and ran away from the place with the group having guilty and happy faces. Once she was out of range and was inside an alleyway, she cried and crouched down not caring about the dangerous cliche things that might happen inside the place she's in.

"H-Hey sweetie, d-don't stain your p-pretty face." She screamed as she got dragged by four drunk men.

Nobody came after her. Nobody listened to her cries of help. Nobody did anything to stop her miserable state.

~~

"Princess?" The maid stared at her Boss' daughter. She recently got accepted to be a maid in the Imperial Castle and was assigned to be the Princess' assistant maid. Although it may sound like an honour and a lucky thing, the Princess was a bit hot tempered so that's why the spot of being the assistant of the Princess was free.

"H-Hn..?" As for the Princess being in bed, she apparently got sick after a drama happened when the Prince of a neighbouring Kingdom and the daughter of the Duke Lumiére went to visit the Castle. Ah the Princess easily fell in love with the gorgeous looking Prince and fought with the Duke's Daughter after she saw the girl getting too close to the Prince.

How cliché..

"Princess, here's your medicine." The maid said monotonously. The Princess sat up from her bed and drank the medicine that the maid gave her. It tasted just like her Mother's specialty tea, the Rose Petaled Tea. She smiled oddly before giving the cup back to the maid.

"I've never seen you before. Are you new?" The Princess asked softly. The maid nodded.

"Is that so...what is your name?" The Princess asked another question, this baffled the maid. Normally, higher aristocratic people wouldn't bat an eyelash for the lower ranking people, much less asking what their names are.

"Quin...Quin Charles"

The Princess hummed and stood up from her bed. The maid was startled and of course, fell. The Princess giggled at the scene and helped the poor Maid up to her feet.

"Well Quin, I guess you can start your job as my new assistant by walking outside the door-" The maid let out a frightened squeak . She's going to lose her job, in her first day at that too! "-and bring me some books to read. If there is any, bring me those Fantasy ones."

The maid let out a relieved sigh and nodded. She was starting to like the Princess, she might've overreacted a bit earlier but now she can't see why the other maids and butlers hate the Princess. Possibly because she's a Princess and has higher status than them or the running rumours about how the Princess chased after a Prince who does not want to marry her.

"And bring me more of this medicine and some cookies please. No nuts thank you very much." The Princess continued.

The maid smiled as she bowed to her Mistress.

"As you ordered, Princess Selena."

__
Some of you might like the old version so I kept the characters names but not their genders.
Like how I changed Charles Quin.
Instead of being one of the male capture targets, Charles is going to be Selena's loyal companion throughout the book.

Yayayayay!