Jumpstart

My hands shook as I tried not to focus on the two morons in front of me. If I just focused on what the teacher was saying, the noise wasn't as bad. Like snarls, even though the room was void of any animals, except for hormonal teenagers...does that count?
I had been like this for weeks now. At first, just horrible nightmares of these wolf creatures and shadow monster's fighting. It wasn't anything new, I had nightmares like those a lot, but there was something about one of them that sent ice into my blood.
There was a girl I knew, or didn't know but was acquainted to; I saw her die in those dreams. I didn't think of it until later that day when I heard she was murdered. That's when I knew something was wrong. That's when they started getting worse; happening during the day, me blacking out. Now I could hear them, but I couldn't see them.

I looked up from my notebook, seeing two guys whispering to each other. "Mexico? C'mon Scott, do you seriously think that my dad will let me go to freakin' Mexico?" It was Scott, and Stiles. I still didn't understand how they got thrown into the popular group. It was like sophomore year hit and boom, they suddenly just got noticed. Although I was starting to theorize how they did and it wasn't exactly natural. Someone, Derek, was in Mexico. That's who they were talking about. The sad truth to this was I already knew it. I had seen it; in my dreams, but it only happened last night. I could still remember it like I was still in it...

My hands burned as grainy hot sand dug into my palms. The sun had set, barely peeking out from the mountains that were so far away. I pulled myself up, still in my shorts and shirt from when I went to bed. I stood in a desert, somewhere far from Beacon Hill's. The air held an exotic taste, ancient ruins layering the scenery. They all were literally ruined, nothing more except crumbled buildings. All but one: a huge church that stood hauntingly over the destroyed town. An invisible string seemed to be wrapped around my waist, pulling me towards the church, taking me into it.

For some reason, I felt like I was in one of those cheesy horror movies where the stupid girl went into the freaky building and gets freaking slaughtered by some goat-headed demon. This wouldn't happen, because I actually wasn't here. In previous dreams I tried to change them, but I never could. It was like watching someone being murdered (literally sometimes) and I was tied up. Always having to watch and never help.

Growls echoed through the church's stone walls. They weren't like any other growl I had heard before. Something dark was in here with me. I became face-to-face with a wall. A design, something Aztec maybe, was on the wall. Longer than the length of my arms, it was in the shape of a disk with intricate designs, a female centered in it. All of a sudden, I was torn through the wall, trapped between stones. I screamed, beating on the walls. I was not going to be trapped in here, dream or no dream. In the small space, I looked around my eyes landing on a large cobweb.

I tip-toed over to it, my finger's reaching out towards it. I felt the heartbeat in it, like my own beating within me. The form inside the web was barely moving. I flinched, feeling the stickiness of the cobwebs. A spark of joy ran through me. I could feel it! It was the first time ever in a dream I could touch something. I know understood the struggle for ghost if they existed. I crouched down, pushing the cobwebs back. I gasped; a man, a couple years older than me, his face was pale. His eyes were closed, his dark hair falling limply. His broad shoulder's barely fit between the walls, and he was breathing so slowly. I reached out to touch his face, his skin cold and his facial hair rough and stiff.

"Who are you?" I whispered. I suddenly cried out, pain exploding from my back. I looked down, whimpering, to see sharp nails sticking out through my stomach. The hand moved inside me, my insides turning to mush. I felt another hand clench around my shoulder. "There's no way I'm letting a bitch like you mess up my plan." A voice said breathlessly into my ear. A scream filled the air, as I was sucked into oblivion.