Fresh Truths to Old Lies

It didn't take long before Scott was back with no Liam, and then the police.   I was whisked away by Scott and taken back to one of the hospital rooms.  Ms. McCall (or Melissa, she got tired of me calling her the other) fixed me up saying I did break two of my ribs and she wanted to watch over me tonight but I refused anymore treatment.   That meant money, and my family had no money to spare.   Melissa understood why, and let me go, but then I had to spend another hour and a half at the hospital because the police questioned me about Sean and No Mouth with the tomahawk. 

Me and Scott lied and said it was just the two of us.   That Sean chased us up there and then the tomahawk guy came out of nowhere.   We didn't want to bring Liam into it, well...well because Scott had him tied up at his house.   We couldn't risk him telling the world Scott bit him, so...Scott improvised.

Now here I was, at nearly eleven at night at a hospital, clutching my aching ribs, and wanting to kill about twelve people near me.   Seriously, did people have to be so dang nosy in other people's business?   Scott was about to leave; I was hoping to catch a ride with him, actually wanting sleep tonight.   Sleep away the bloody horrors of tonight but that all changed when I saw a familiar masculine body prance down the stairs.   The smell of pine trees and cold air enveloped me before they were remotely close to me.

Up until that moment, I was sitting on a hospital bed that was outside the emergency room but I got up, turning away from the person I was pissed off at.   Derek seemed to react immediately and turned me around. 

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"  I asked harmlessly.   He scowled, putting his hands in his leather jacket.   "Don't turn away from me because you're mad."

"Oh, mad?"   I asked, while taking a step away.   I hissed as pain radiated from my chest down to my toes.   I tried shrugging it off, and continued walking.  "I don't think mad describes what I'm feeling right now."

He scoffed, looking away irritably.   "I should have believed you."  I paused momentarily to turn to him.

"You think?"  I slammed my first into the elevator button, the button going in and sticking.   It had happened before, when I was upset like this.   I just hit it again, the light lit up, while the up sign was popping out again.  I got on, as did he.   "Do you have to be so close?"

"Does it make you uncomfortable?"  He smirked.

"By uncomfortable, do you mean I want to punch you in the balls then, yes."  I sighed knowing my anger was getting to me.  "Forget it.   Go home Derek.   I don't want you here right now."

"Well get over it, we need to talk about this thing we have."

"There is nothing!   Nothing except for some hellish bond-thingy which I don't even understand and neither does anyone else.   The only thing between us is I have to feel what you feel and the same for you.   If you try hard enough you don't feel it, it's that simple."  The elevator opened and I stomped out, my fist shaking in my hands. 

"And the visions?   You can't just stop those."

"I'll work with them.   If I get one, then I'll tell Scott."

"But not me?"  I gave a 'are you kidding' look at him. 

My voice became small and soft, almost as if the broken side of my soul.   The part of my soul that was let down by so many people because they couldn't see the truth from their eyes...they only saw their truth.  "At least he believes me."

"Selene, I should have!   It's just we don't know you all too well, and after I ran the check on you, I just wasn't ready to trust you."  This time I completely stopped, him running into me.