Rebirth

The fact that I kept being knocked out was getting far too annoying. Seriously, this was like the millionth time in literally two days. When I woke up again, I was in a car. From here, I saw the familiar color of blonde in the front. "Kate," A voice said. "She's awake."

"Good, we're where we need to be anyways. Get her up," I sat up, looking around. We were at the school. No other cars were here, except the one we were getting out of. I noticed I had been asleep in Derek's lap. He looked at me angrily, betrayed. His hard gaze made something inside of me actually hurt, like I actually did betray him. I started to reach to him when I noticed my hands were tied together by duct tape. Great, stupid woman had to tie my hands. It wasn't like I was going to do anything, she had taken my knife. "Derek...you have to believe me, she's only here to hurt you."

"Look, I want to believe you, part of my does, but I trust Kate. And...you and the others have been lying to me." No, I thought in my head, I wouldn't lie to you.

"Derek, be a dear and get the girl out." Kate had opened his door, her head ducked in. She gave a bitter smile that only I could see. She stepped back for us to get out. Derek gently took my arm, helping me out. My leg was under me at an awkward position, so when I got out I could barely feel it. I stood as straight as I could, and held my head up high while glaring at Kate.

The moment I had the chance, she was going to have my fist in her face. She waltzed back to Derek, taking his hand. She noticed Derek's uncomfortable stature; she stepped closer, automatically blocking me out. "What's wrong?" She said sweetly.

"I don't know about this. I'm not supposed to show the vault to anyone outside my family." She was pressing against him now, giving the seductive look any woman gave when they wanted something. What was the vault? Please don't tell me were going underground, I hate being underground. "Come on, we talked about this."

"Yeah, but, how do you even know?" For a second, I saw the real Derek surface. Even though I had never met him, I could tell he was surfacing. "Because you told me, don't you remember?" She reached her hands out, cupping them around his neck. "Tell me if you remember this," she then kissed him, holding him closer. I had to not gag, resisting every nerve to do it. She was one sneaky bitch. I mean, real Derek was definitely older than this one, but seriously, cougar much?

She pulled away, smiling at how unreeled Derek looked. By now, I tuned her annoying voice out, thinking of how to get out of this stupid duct tape. They started walking, forcing me to go with them. Derek took us to the front of the school, where the sign with our school name was at. I figured the letters in the front said something stupid like 'Sign up for this lame club!' or something even more boring.

"Why would your family build a vault under a high school?" Kate asked. I noticed a symbol on the side of the sign, it seemed almost Celtic maybe. It's intertwining rings luring me. Derek drew his claws out, touching the Celtic knots. A rush of energy ran through me, as I finally realized what was happening. "Derek don't do this," I said. He stopped looking at me. The pained look shone on his face again, as if he was conflicted with trusting me still. "You don't have to trust me, because a lot of people don't. I've done things that would make people never trust me, but this one time, please believe me. Look me in the eyes and tell me if I'm lying to you." His gaze seemed to look into my very soul, setting all my insides on fire in anxious waiting. His face softened. He was starting to believe me.

"Derek please," I started, but then what felt like a eighteen wheeler hit my face. I staggered back, but didn't fall. Kate's eyes burned with hatred at me. I saw the light redness on her cheeks in rage. "Derek, don't listen to her. She's lying. She only wants to think you can trust her because she's going to use that against you." I could feel Derek closing into himself again, shutting me out. He gave a look that seemed like he was saying sorry, and then twisted the symbol. A loud crack echoed below us, and the sign to the school suddenly began to move.