Chapter 3: Mum?

"Two souls but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one." 

Chapter 3: Mum?

"I like her, damn, what's her name?" He throws himself in one of my leather chairs, settling himself upon the cushions.

"Eva, she's what I wanted to talk to you about."

"You like her!" He hollers excitedly, whilst wiggling his eyebrows. "Oh thank God, the models are so fucking boring, plus we hardly ever get to meet them because they steal your money and run." He says with a laugh.

"Nice Andy, but this one is really different. She's not scared of us, finally, someone's not scared of us."

"I think Marie will love her." He says wistfully, Marie is his wife of five years, someone who walked in quite like Eva and immediately stole his heart. They are the perfect love story.

"Alright, cool your jets. I don't even know if she's available."

"I suppose, but I think she's perfect for you. The light to your dark, the head to your tails."

"Chill it Romeo." I clap his shoulder and pour him a whiskey, while pouring myself a brandy. A soft knock sounds at the door and Eva's perfect head appears in the gap.

"It's seven o'clock and I have to get home. I'll see you tomorrow Casper, and it was semi-nice to meet you Andy." She says mischievously.

"Semi-nice?" Andy demands playfully, incredulous to the fact someone might not like him.

"Perhaps I would like you more if you didn't throw open my door and scare the heck out of me."

"Oh.. Yeah, sorry about that."

"It's fine, I'm used to it now. Goodbye both of you." She shuts the door behind her and I could hear each step of hers if I concentrated enough. Both of us sprint towards the window and watch as she climbs into a Range Rover, with a tired smile.

"I like her even more now. Win her over mate, I have a feeling she'll make your life like you've wished since you were a kid."

"I have the same feeling." He claps my shoulder as we watch Eva pull away. Now I can't wait until tomorrow. The next day flies into me and I sprint out of my bed. Which I've never done before. I slide into my closet, throw on a black Armani with some black loafers. Next the bathroom, brush teeth, style hair, out the door.

I was practically out of breath when I reach the office. Eva hands me a water bottle like she knew exactly what I need. She smiles slightly as I take a sip. "You seem stressed, is there anything that I can do?" Yeah you can come with me on a date, just us.

"How many meetings do I have today?"

"Just one with a James Mahoney."

"Any papers due?"

"No I sent all of the required ones off last night." She's taken so much off my shoulders already just by existing.

"Perfect, shall we go somewhere?"

"Where are you thinking?"

"I've got the perfect idea." She nods, grabs her bag and follows me out of the building. We get into my Audi and speed off towards a diner, one that my family used to come to. She grins when we arrive.

"I've had a craving for waffles." She climbs out of the car, her blue body con rising slightly revealing more of her milky legs. I press my hand to the small of her back and take her to a table. She studies the menu, while I study her. I order a full English while she orders a waffle, moments later our meals appear and she digs in happily. "So Casper, what on Earth made you skip work?"