Video Phone

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

May 26, 2014 - 2:03pm - Memorial Day - Manhattan, NY

Beyoncé POV

The interns had the day off today for the holiday. A kindness we knew would have to pay dearly for come next week. Summer was here, basically, and I wanted to have some real fun. I always day dreamed about places I would go and vacation but work always came up so until I secured a coveted position as a designer, a hot New York rooftop would have to do.

I had been sun bathing all morning in my kiddie pool. After almost falling asleep I figured it was time it to go back inside. I dumped the water out, grabbed my sunglasses and water bottle and headed back downstairs.

The cool air in the house gave me goosebumps and I immediately turned it off when I walked in. I checked my phone to see if I had any missed calls or texts.

I chewed my lip

I chewed my lip. I didn't wanna say I was expecting Nicki to call.. but I was expecting Nicki to call. I found out from Gail later on that Nicki had snagged my number from personnel. But it was radio silent on her end.

I turned on Pandora and jumped in the shower. Just as I was lathering my legs I heard Nicki's voice come through as an intro to a song I hadn't heard yet. A giddy smile plastered itself across my face.

Oo, yeah, Young Money
Trigga Tre
Uhn, let's get it
RRRRRRR

This has to be a new release I thought. I was obsessed with Trey Songz. Every since he came out with his braids back in the Can't Help But Wait days I've been crazy about him. My fav was collaborating with my other fav. I reached a hand out to turn the volume up to the max.

No, I ain't tryna flex, no ceilings you can see who's in it

If we're talking about sex, girl, you know that I invented that

And I'm onto the next, that's unless you bring a friend who with it

I washed my shoulders and smiled. Trey always delivered. I loved the beat and the song already. I squealed a little when Nicki's verse came through. I was ready to memorize it.

Sometimes I tell 'em I love 'em because I just wanna fuck 'em

I never love 'em, I cuff 'em and when we done I'mma duck 'em

My blood ran cold at her opening bars.

He Ferragamo the buckle, he Louis V on the duffel