Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

June 28, 2014 - 8:56am - Lenox Hill Hospital - Manhattan, NY

Nicki POV

"I know Melissa, but I can't make it

"I know Melissa, but I can't make it. I have to be home right now."

I rubbed my temple and closed my eyes. I'd been chewed out by almost every member of my team and my label this morning for missing studio time, running out on a shoot, and to add insult to injury I was supposed to be in flight to LA right now for the BET Awards tomorrow.

"You're costing the label about 80,000 dollars Onika do you understand that?"

"Lis I can't leave her. I can't do it. She's getting out today and going home to what? Are you seeing what people are saying about her?! I was the reason she was there in the first place!"

"I'm not paid to do damage control on your little girlfriend! I specifically asked you how you wanted to me to spin the story. I could've made you both look like the President and First Lady of hip-hop but you told me that there was no relationship there. I looked you dead in your eyes and warned you she might retaliate against how you responded to the rumors. And what did you say to me?"

I gritted my teeth and took a deep breath to calm myself. This was all going so wrong.

"What did you tell me Onika!?"

"I said I was gonna handle it." I sighed, wiping my face.

"This is what you call handling it? Fucking shit up for yourself? I don't care what you do in your personal life but when it starts interfering with me and my money that's when we have a problem. I'm rescheduling your flight for 11am today and you better be on it. Handle your business Nic."

She hung up and I screamed in frustration, punching the concrete wall. "FUCK!" I yelled, pulling back and shaking out my swollen knuckles. Deep down I knew I brought this on myself. From the jump this could've all went a different route. If I would've just listened none of this would've ever happened.

A nurse rushed over to me and surveyed my hand. "Are you alright dear?"

"I'm good." I lied. Shit hurt like a bitch.

She chuckled. "I'll get you an ice pack. Why don't you have a seat while the doctor finishes with Ms. Knowles."

I looked down at my phone trying to figure out what I was gonna do. Leaving Bey was not an option what if she tried this shit again? But my image and my credibility was gonna suffer severely if I didn't make my appearances. I had already fought with my label tooth and nail to be able to record the music I wanted on my album. If I made one more wrong move they might force me to scrap the project.