And I'll Cry If I Want To

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

September 4, 2014 - 11:03am - Knowles Estate - Houston, Texas

Bey POV

"Solange!" Solange giggled, and everyone turned their attention to her

"Solange!" Solange giggled, and everyone turned their attention to her. "Sorry. I felt left out."

"What is going on here Giselle?" Mama sat up straighter in her seat and stared me down.

"Mama this is Nicki Min--" Solange started but Nicki quickly cut her off.

"That's my stage persona." She cleared her throat. My name is Onika Maraj. You can call me Onika or whatever's comfortable ma'am." Nicki extended her hand and Mama stared at it.

"Have a seat child." She nodded to the empty seat next to Shawn across the table.

Nicki straightened up and did as she was told. My eyes followed her ass around the table and I hoped no one noticed. Even fully clothed her figure was still prominent. I didn't mind the way Nicki dressed but I knew Mama would have a few choice words. I was glad she had chosen to go a little simpler with her look.

"Aren't you hot in that child? Houston heat will give you a stroke in much less than what you have on."

Nicki crossed her legs and smiled. "It doesn't really effect me. I'm used to working under heavy studio and stage lighting and it's like 80 to 90 degrees when I'm performing. I'm immune to it so I wear whatever I think is cute at any time of year."

"Hmm." Mama cut a piece of her waffle and I stayed silent.

I still hadn't recovered from the fact we were all sitting in the same room together. I could just feel the glass getting ready to crack underneath my feet.

"And you say my daughter invited you?" She continued.

Nicki looked at me and I could see her jaw tense up a little. Both she and I were as uncomfortable as a fish outta water. Her eyes settled on the the diamond pendant around my neck and I quickly slipped it under my shirt and looked down. I really wished everyone would just disappear.

Solange could sense my unease. She uncharacteristically jumped in to save the day. "We did it as a surprise for JuJu--"

"I'm speaking to this young lady Solange, finish your plate please." Mama said calmly. I gulped.