I Love The Way

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

June 15, 2014 - 7:27am - Conrad New York - NYC, NY

Nicki POV

My damn phone wouldn't stop going off. I had already ignored three calls trying to sleep a little longer but the fourth time decided for me that it was time to get up. I yawned and started to detangle myself from Bey. Some time in the night she had rolled over to my side and snuggled in the crook of my neck. I moved her leg and tried to unwrap her arm from my waist but she only tightened her grip.

"Uh uh." She mumbled.

"It's time to get up now baby." I yawned.

"Says who?" She pouted.

"My label, apparently." I grabbed her arm again and this time she let go. I sat on the edge of the bed and stretched. Before I could even stand my phone went off again. I snatched it up and answered.

"Yes." I gritted my teeth.

"Good morning to you too sunshine." Melissa's voice rang through the speaker. "Sleep well?"

"Yeah," I softened. "Sorry."

"It's okay," she laughed. "I had hoped you would be up and movin. Production has contacted you twice already. You know have to answer your phone Nic."

"I know," I yawned. "What's up?

"Rihmeek's team sent over his verse for Buy a Heart. He was late so I'm gonna need you to finalize and master it." I rolled my eyes, the stress never stopped. "Your Fader photoshoot is today as well. They're expecting you at 1pm sharp. I'll meet you there. Do you want to use your own glam team or theirs?"

"Mine." I answered without hesitation. I felt Bey come up behind me and wrap her arms around my neck. I kissed her wrist and rubbed the back of it with my thumb.

"Okay. See you soon."

"See you." I hung up.

"You leaving?" She kissed my temple.

"Yeah." I reached up and stroked her face. "Baby go brush your teeth. Breath smell like chicken fingers and nah." I made a face.

"Leave me alone!" She laughed, climbing off the bed and heading to the bathroom. "I don't even have a toothbrush."

"There's an entire drawer full of them!" I yelled back as someone knocked on the door. "Fuck is this?" I muttered, getting up to opening the door.

"Goodmorning." Drake greeted me, scooping me up in his arms and closing the door behind him.

My eyes widened. "Boy. What are you doing here? I thought you were back in LA."

"My flight got delayed so I thought I'd come and take you out to breakfast before I left. Maybe finish our conversation from yesterday?" He kissed the side of my jaw. "I didn't make reservations so wherever we go it's probably gonna be crowded. How long do you think it's gonna take you to get ready?"