Is You Somebody's Baby?

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

June 11, 2014 - 10:23am - Alexander McQueen Warehouse - Manhattan, NY

Bey POV

I didn't hear from Nicki for another two weeks

I didn't hear from Nicki for another two weeks. It was really starting to bother me. I didn't know whether or not it was safe to like her. She was sweet but her actions told me she wasn't thinking about me all that much.

But boy was I thinking about her. When the No Love video premiered on 106 & Park, I was hype as hell. That was the outfit I chose for her the last time we saw each other. I was so excited, it was like she had a piece of me with her on set. I wanted to text her about it but honestly I didn't wanna bother her. She would hit me up if she wanted to talk to me. Right?

"Beyoncé!"

I was snapped out of my trance by Kelly.

"Girl I've been calling your name this whole time where's your head at?" She stood in front of me with her hands on her hips.

"Sorry. I just got a lot on my plate right now with this fashion show. Plus I haven't been sleeping that well." I rubbed my eyes. I wasn't lying about the not sleeping well part. I had been staying up later and later not wanting to miss any type of communication from her end.

I decided not to tell Kelly about Nicki.. or anyone about Nicki. It would only stress me out further and plus I kind of liked having something private between us.

Kelly pulled herself up on my desk and crossed her legs. "Mhm. And what you been doing? You and Shawn have been together a lot recently."

"We haven't been doing that." I laughed, threading the needle on my sewing machine. "He's starting a label, Roc Nation. He wants me to sign a recording contract." I shook my head. "He took me to a studio and we played around in the booth but nothing serious. He thinks it'll make me change my mind or something." I yawned and covered my mouth with the back of my hand.