Michael Clifford

This ones kinda short...sorry

It was a quite unfortunate event, really; you were rearranging a pile of Michael's clothes because lord knows how he managed to scatter them all over the place, when your hand brushed against something solid. Eyebrows furrowing, you grabbed it and pulled, finding yourself staring at a little velvet box that you knewyou weren't supposed to find.

"Oh, shit," you said, panicking and shoving it back into the mess of shirts, backing away slowly. "Oh, shit."

Nobody needed to tell you that it was an engagement ring.

You weren't sure whether you should bring it up to Michael and ruin the surprise or pretend like you'd never seen the thing before in your life.

But you never came to a decision, and the next week, your debate was solved when Michael, for your birthday, gave you a small box-shaped present. You opened it, uncovering the box you'd found earlier, but the ring was solely for your birthday, unaccompanied by any sort of proposal. You didn't know whether to be disappointed or not.

"Michael," you said, "where were you keeping this?"

He frowned. "It was sitting in a pile of my shirts. Took me a while to find, actually. Why?"

You choked on your drink. "Oh my god," you spluttered, laughing. "I found it and thought it was an engagement ring."

Michael chuckled. "Oh, no," he said, "that's hidden in my-"

Your eyes widened as you whipped your head up to look at him, Michael freezing and his own eyes growing large.

"I mean-" he started, but no other words came out, his mouth opening and closing like a fish.

Your mouth dropped. "Oh my god, Michael."

He slammed his palm to his face, groaning. "Fuck. This isn't how I wanted it to go."

You shook your head, body shaking with laughter. "No, I mean, it's fine, I just-"

Michael cut you off by sighing, leaning forward to place a kiss on your forehead. "Wait here."

And he reappeared a few minutes later holding another box, almost identical to the one you'd found earlier, before bending down on one knee in front of you and holding out a different, prettier ring.

"Y/N," he chucked. "I'm an idiot, but hopefully, your idiot. Will you marry me?"