Ashton Irwin

The five of you had arrived at the venue two hours or so prior to the show. You had arrived at the hotel you were staying at a couple of hours ago, giving the boys just enough time to relax before their performance. You were now in the dressing room, playing FIFA.

You were squished in between Luke and Ashton on the couch while Calum and Michael sat at the foot of it. You and Michel were currently engrossed in a very intense match of FIFA. The two of you had your eyes glued to the screen, hands occupied by the controller.

"You're never going to win Y/N. Just give up and save yourself the humiliation," Michael taunted, controlling his player expertly.

You scowled at the back of his head, before turning your attention back to the screen, pressing buttons to guide your players. You'd played with the boys before. You weren't half bad at the game. But you were yet to beat Michael- the dude was like the king of the game.

Both of you were fully devoted to the game, but with the press of buttons and experience from over the years, Michael had scored the winning goal.

"No!" You whined, tossing the controller on the floor as you cuddled into your best friend's side. "I know you rigged the game."

Your friends laughed at your antics. You grabbed a handful of pop corn and chucked them at Michael. Luke laughed, wrapping an arm around you. "Aww, don't be such a sour loser."

You playfully punched him in the torso before nuzzling closer into him, unaware of your boyfriend frowning on the other side of you.

Now Ashton's never had a problem with your relationship and physical affection with the other boys. He didn't mind the affection you showered them with. He didn't mind the occasional hugs and cuddles you gave the boys when one of them had had a rough day. But recently, your physical interactions with Luke had bugged him more than it should. He felt oddly ignored and insecure during moments like these, when you chose to curl up into Luke rather than him. He shouldn't feel this jealous, this angry. You were his girlfriend. Not Luke's. You lovedhim. Not Luke... Right? You guys were just best friends... Right?

Your giggles at something Luke had said pulled him out of his reverie. Doubts were creeping into Ashton's head, insecurities bubbling up. He got up, suddenly, causing you all to look up at him. He looked rather grim, the smile on his face a minute ago- not there.

"You alright, Ash?" You questioned, looking up at him.

He nodded distractedly, eyebrows furrowed as he looked around. Grabbing his hoodie, he headed to the door. "I'm going out for some fresh air. I'll be back in a bit."

"Want me to come along?" You asked, siting up, peering at his disappearing figure.

"Uh, no. I'll be alright. Stay with the guys if you want to."

"Alright," you answered, shrugging off his changed mood as pre-show nerves.

Half of him wanted to be left alone for a while, but the other half of him wanted you to come along. But as Ashton went out and stood at the door to put on his hoodie, he heard you laugh at a stupid joke Luke had cracked and he was off, biting his lips in sadness and frustration.

Ashton's short walk had turned into a long one around the venue. He had stopped by to click some pictures with the fans that had found him and had lay in the soft grass for some while before finally deciding to return. He was in a slightly better mood. He was heading to the dressing room to get ready since soundcheck was only in a bit. Calum and Michael passed him as he walked towards the room asking him to "hurry the fuck up" and he sped up.

The door of the room was open a creak, light from the hallway slipping in too. As Ashton reached the room, he stopped when he heard voices. He peeked in through the sliver. He didn't know what to feel as he saw you and Luke standing very, very close together before you moved away, smiling. With the seeds of doubt already planted in his head, he assumed the worst. Should he feel hurt? Angry? Both? He moved away from the door when tears pooled in his eyes but he wiped them before they could drip down his cheeks.