Ansel Elgort

Requested

You weren’t one to nag or complain. Especially not with Ansel, who you loved so much, who was always so busy, who always- well almost always did everything to make others happy. But today, you’d had about enough. All you wanted was one day to sleep in. Just one Saturday morning you wanted to stay in bed as long as possible, but when you heard Ansel connect his phone to his speakers, you knew that this Saturday was probably not going to be the one. Sun was coming in through the windows, filtered by the blinds that hung in the windows.

You loved music, especially Ansel’s, not just what he created but what he liked to listen to as well, but when you were trying to sleep, the last thing you wanted to hear was the loud bass of every song that played. One after another the songs coming from his speakers continually shook the thin walls of your apartment. It was unknown to you how the two of you had avoided noise complaints so far. 
Finally, you had reached your breaking point, it only took a few strides until you were in front of the tall black speakers that sat under the T.V., quickly twisting the knob that controlled volume, you winced as you accidentally increased the sound. Swiftly turning it down you turn around to see Ansel’s face looking at you, vacuum in hand. You could feel your face fall. 
“So today’s cleaning day AND loud music day?” 
Ansel’s face contorted into a smile, striding over to hug you, you reluctantly melt into his warm embrace. “Sorry, babe, I just figured you were already awake I didn’t mean to wake you up”, he pulled away to make eye contact. You gently smiled, rubbing your tired eyes with your first two fingers, hands resting on your cheeks. “I know, it’s okay- just maybe you could jam out a little quieter?” He nodded, seeming sincere. You leaned upwards to press your lips to his cheek, he leaned forward, presumably to kiss your lips when you pulled away. 
“An, I’ve got morning breath- gross” you said, partially joking and partially serious. Ansel smiled and pecked your lips without worry. “Goodnighttttt, YN,” he grinned as you walked back towards your shared bedroom.
You really hated to be a nagging partner, you did. You had tried and tried to get back to sleep, tossing and turning for the last 45 minuets, trying to find the most comfortable position with a pillow pushed down over your ears to block out the sound of Ansel cleaning. You tried to appreciate Ansel cleaning up without being asked to, you just wished it could happen any other morning. 
You padded gently back to the speakers, twisting the knob the right way the first time, not in the mood to repeat last times mistake. You could hear Ansel singing and bumping around in the next room and tried to sneak back to bed undetected, you had almost passed the threshold of the room when you heard “babe? Do you not love Kanye as much as Kanye loves Kanye?” You closed your eyes in slight defeat, turning back around to face your boyfriend. Taking note of the song, you laughed at Ansel’s joke as Kanye’s voice filled your home. “Of course I do, I’m the most gangster person I know, I just love sleeping as much as I love Kanye- even gangsters need to sleep you know.” You joked back, Ansel’s eyes crinkled as he laughed. “You’re the cutest and most non-threatening gangster I’ve ever met, ya know that?” You rolled your eyes but couldn’t deny the smile that flowed through your face.

“Hey An, you know what’d be really nice and gangster if you?” His eyebrows raised as his interest peaked, he leaned his shoulder and head against the wall, facing you. “What’s that?” You smiled, stepping closer to him. “Coming back to bed with me and going back to sleep.” You giggled, and Ansel quickly joined you, kissing the top of your head. “Alright, alright I’ll go shut off the music and meet you in there,” he nodded towards your shared bedroom. You smiled broadly, wrapping your arms around Ansel’s neck to embrace him. “Thank youuu, my wonderful gangster boyfriend.” Ansel’s face once again contorted with laughter, eyes crinkling in the corners. “Anything for my equally ic not more wonderful gangster lover,” he winked, walking over to the speakers and turning them down in volume and disconnecting his phone. “I don’t know what you thought we were going to do in bed, lover, but I intend to sleep until the afternoon!” You looked at Ansel from the corner of your eye as you began to leave the room. “We’ll see, I mean who could resist this?” Ansel took off his shirt while following you to bed. You rolled your eyes, but Ansel was reassured that you were anything but annoyed now when you pressed a kiss to his chest. “Goodnight, my wonderful gangster lover.” Ansel joked, moving to be as close to you as possible in bed. “I love you like Kanye loves Kanye, my wonderful gangster lover.” You replied with a quiet laugh before closing your eyes, finally able to enjoy the company and obviously, the quiet.