Chapter 4

Bom laughed at Dara’s hare-brained idea to auction off Jiyong in her place. “You better pray that Jiyong’s date turns out okay or else he’ll really get even with you with those three wishes.”

CL however was wearing a more somber expression as she looked at Dara, “You sure about auctioning him off, Dar? What if the date turns out okay and he ends up with the girl this time? Is your heart prepared to face this possibility of losing him for good? No sane woman would allow her man to continue living with a woman. Even if that woman looks and acts like a Neanderthal like you.”

“I’ll move out if that happens. He can get married tomorrow if he wants. I won’t stand in his way if it’s for his happiness.” She told her friends.

“Are you sure, Unnie? For the longest time he always chose you over his girls without even giving it a second thought. But what if this time fate plays a trick on you and he meets someone who can make him think twice about his choice? It would be doubly hard to take knowing that you’d be the one who would indirectly introduce him to The One.” Minzy also voiced out her concern.

Bom looked at Dara, “Are you really ready to accept the possibility of letting him go, Dar?”

“Guys, I know you’re only worried for me but I’ve long ago accepted the fact that I’ll only just be a friend in Jiyong’s eyes.” Dara confidently told her friends.

“Acceptance doesn’t give you immunity from getting hurt. Take it from me.” Bom told Dara in a much serious note. Minzy reached over and gave Bom’s hand a comforting squeeze. CL gave her a side hug while Dara stayed still but looked sadly at Bom. They all were witness to Bom’s pain each and every time she saw Top date a different girl after their break up.

After a few moments of silence in respect to Bom's past struggles Dara said, “Top’s your ex and you both loved each other. It’s understandable that you’d get hurt. I’m used to seeing him with other girls. Jiyong was never mine to love even from the onset.” Dara hung her head low as she repeatedly folded and unfolded the table napkin she held in her hands.

A bright dreamy smile then suddenly flashed across her face. "Besides...I'm entirely content with my Kdrama Oppas. The feels I get from them can last me until eternity and beyond."

If only the fates would intervene and would trigger a change in Jiyong's and Dara's relationship, all their worries would be non-existent. Everyone in their circle of friends except for the obtuse non-couple thought that Jiyong and Dara were perfect for each other. After years of fruitlessly wishing to see them together, all of them have finally given up on hoping.

The three girls exchanged amused but worried smiles over Dara’s bent head. They silently hoped that they were just worrying over nothing and wished that Dara’s obviously half-hearted conviction that she’ll survive the heartache of losing Jiyong to the still-a non-issue-but-entirely-possible entry of Jiyong’s The One will come true in the end.