Chapter 12

When they both got to the hospital car park Dara took her wrist off Jiyong's hold and turned towards the Doctor's parking area but Jiyong grabbed the back of her coat. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I drove here remember?" She told him.

"I know. Leave your car here. I'm driving us home." He told her.

"But I won't have a ride to work tomorrow..." Dara said.

"You got me. I'll drive you." Dara was about to answer back but he made a zip it gesture. "Zip it. Stay here. I'll get my car."

Dara nodded somberly at Jiyong. He was in a strange mood and she didn't want to argue anymore. In less than a minute GD was easing his car near the curb where she was standing on. He got off from the driver side and helped her into the car, not that she needed any help. he rounded back towards his side and once he was seated he routinely checked that she was strapped to her seat before securing his own seatbelt. Dara let him. He had been doing it for years everytime they would drive together.

It was routine for both of them and didn't mean much but it revealed a lot to Heechul who happened to pass by unnoticed by the pair. He was on his way to his car, too. He paused as he saw Dara standing beneath the lamppost. He was about to approach her to apologize for putting her on the spot earlier but the arrival of Jiyong stopped him in his tracks. Now he knew what Joross, a co-resident who was a friend of Dara from medical school, was warning him about since he once caught Heechul staring at an oblivious Dara. Joross had told him that although Dara was technically single she was not and won't be available to anyone.

As he started to walk on he gave another involuntary glance at the car. Jiyong saw him then. Dara however didn't. Jiyong looked him in the eye and that look told him more. He once thought that the 'if looks could kill' phrase was so overused but at that moment as their gazes clashed he knew that if looks could kill he'd expire on the spot. There was fire in Jiyong's eyes and then the guy gave him a slight smirk that seemed to say, "You think you got one up by stealing a kiss but I'm still the one who's bringing her home."

Jiyong then shrugged and proceeded to drive off as if he didn't just issue a silent challenge to the other man. As they went out the hospital gates he said to Dara, "I now know what my first wish is."

Dara shifted her body towards him and gave him a curious look, "What is it?"

"You're bringing me on your dinner date with that jerk, Heechul. I don't have to sit on the same table but I'm not letting you out of my sight. I don't trust that guy one bit." He told Dara without taking his eye off the road.

"Mwo? Are you freaking serious? This is starting to become like high school all over again, Ji. I can handle myself now." She protested.

"Like you handled yourself earlier?" Jiyong snorted at her.

"I headbutted him." She retorted satisfied with her self-defense skills. "I drew first blood!"

"You're taking me with you and that's final. You promised me three wishes. Don't tell me you're backing out. The guy can't be trusted. Look what he did after you handled yourself? To think you had an audience then. How much more if you're both alone. He fucking kissed you!" His knuckles showed white as he gripped the steering wheel.

"Ugh!" Dara retorted in disgust and wiped her lips on a piece of antibacterial wet wipes. "Don't remind me. That guy stole my first kiss! My first kiss wasted on that worthless jerk! To think I had protected my lips all these time and he just stole it in one meaningless moment!" She wailed in disgust and frustration.

Her words brought a smile on Jiyong's lips and he told her. "Don't worry. It was just a brief peck. I don't think it would count as your first kiss. It was barely a second. He wouldn't be able to walk out on his own if he did more than that." He muttered the last statement more to himself. Dara crossed her arms and slumped on her seat. Jiyong continued to smile and hummed a happy tune.

Talk about mood swings. Dara threw him a confused look. She placed the back of her hand on his forehead to check if he was having a fever. "I'm not sick." He told her. "You're acting wierd." She told him.

The shift in his mood wierded her out but she was used to his occasionally mercurial moods so she let it slide and just rested her head on the window as they made the journey home. Meanwhile Jiyong couldn't help but grin widely to himself while sneaking quick looks at the exhausted girl who was starting to snore softly on the passenger seat. No one else knows except him who really had Dara's first kiss and he was sure as hell that it wasn't Heechul. That thought alone was enough to lift his spirits up.