~Part 1~

~Gracelyn~ 

My parents divorced when I was two. I was their fifth and final child, also their only girl. I was their relationship's last hope. They thought that if they just had one more baby it might work out. 

It didn't. 

My brothers are all at least ten years older than I am and they all live in the US. After the divorce dad got the boys and mum got me. Dad took my brothers and moved back to the US where he was from before he married mum. I would go out and see him every summer holiday and my brothers would visit us during school holidays. 

And lucky me just landed in Washington DC- that's where dad lives. He works in a corporate office there as a lawyer. 

"Gracie!" Dad exclaims as he spots me through the  crowded terminal. I smile and rush towards him, jumping into his open arms.  "I've missed you sweetpea." Dad whispers before  letting me go. 

"I've missed you too daddy." He grabs my bag and we walk out of the airport. 

~*~

"So do you have anything planned for tonight?" I ask my brother Leo, he's the closest to me in age at twenty-seven. I'm seventeen. Leo and all of my brothers are dual  citizens of England and America. I'm not. 

"Nope. I made sure that my schedule was clear so that I could hang out with my favorite sister." I roll my eyes, "I'm your only sister." 

"Not true, I very much consider Jasper as a sister. And you beat him, Gracie." We chuckle before falling into a silence. 

Having siblings is great. They're like your best friends. You grow up with them there. 

But when your siblings are all at least ten years older than you and you grew up in different continents you love each other, you just aren't as close as you could be. I love my brothers, but I never see them. I only see them for the two months I'm in the US and their sparse visits to London. 

"Up for some greasy and unhealthy American food?" Leo asks breaking the silence. I smile and nod, "You know me so well." 

~*~

"Oh my god what is taking so long?!" I  practically scream as we sit in traffic. Leo rolls his eyes, "Chill out Grace. It's a Presidential motor carriage. We'll be moving soon." 

"So whenever the President decides to go out they close all of the streets?" Americans are weird. That is one reason why I plan on staying in London once I turn eighteen. I also don't want to leave mum alone. 

Well it's not that she'd be alone, she has her family. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. But she won't have any of us and I want to be there with her. 

I love my dad but I can't say that I wasn't hurt that he only took the boys. Did he even try to get a different custody agreement? Sometimes it feels like he didn't want me. Or he didn't  love me  as much as my brothers. 

"They sure do." 

After twenty minutes the traffic is moving again and we're at a little diner. It's Leo's favorite. 

"Hey Leo, who've you brought with you?" The waitress asks, confirming that he comes here a lot.  "Hi Sandy. This  is my little sister Grace." The waitress smiles before looking over at the door as someone walks in. 

"Well someone pinch me, I think Mason Daniels just walked in." Sandy whispers to Leo with an amazed look on her face. I furrow my brow, "Who's Mason Daniels?" I ask peering over Leo. 

There's a guy around my age sitting at the counter looking  a menu. He's pretty attractive with his brown hair and crystal blue eyes. He looks muscular but lean. He's certainly what I would call hot. 

The guy turns around and locks eyes with me from across the room and I swear my heart stopped for a second when he flashed me a smile. 

"He's the President's son." Leo answers but I don't look away  from the guy I'm assuming is Mason. 

And then it happens, he gets out of his seat and walks over to our table. Sandy just about has a heart attack. This boy is gorgeous. 

He extends his hand, "Hey I'm Mason." I take it lightly, "Gracelyn, nice to meet you." I choke out. He releases my hand, "Could I get you a milkshake Gracelyn?" I nod without even realizing it.

"Leo I'm gonna-" He cuts me off, "It's fine." 

I shyly get out of the booth and walk with Mason back to the counter. 

"So Gracelyn judging by that accent I'm assuming that you're not from America." Mason states, the smile still playing on his lips. "I'm from London." I whisper out. 

It's hard to talk to him, he's so hot. It's intimidating. 

"So what brings you to America?" 

"I live out in London with my mum and my dad lives out here. I come visit him during the summer holiday." I explain. He nods, "That's  cool. Your accent  is really cute." He says with another one of those amazing smiles. I look down to hide my blush.

That's not even that great of a compliment but it sounds like the best one coming from him. 

"You have a cute face." I respond like the idiot I am. I've never been good at flirting. He chuckles, "Thanks. Could I maybe get your phone number?" 

He wants my number! Wait, I live thousands of miles away, across a fucking ocean. Is it really smart to give him my number? What if I get attached? 

What the hell I might as well, "Of course." I scribble it down on a napkin and hand it to him. He smiles and tucks it into his pocket.  "So has anyone ever properly showed you around Washington?" I shake my head, "Well I would love to give you a fully in depth tour." 

I really hope he's not just talking about the city. 

"Yeah let me just tell my brother." 

After convincing Leo to let me leave with Mason we leave the diner. We get into the back of a black SUV with tinted windows. There are two huge men sitting in the front. The have black suits on with matching sunglasses and ear pieces. They look like the Men in Black movie. 

"That's Jim and that's Alan. They're secret service." Mason explains before he leans up to the two men, "Can you take us to the Washington Monument?" 

And then we pull away.