~Part 6~

~Gracelyn~*~Eight Weeks Pregnant~ 

"You should call your dad or brothers." Mason states as we wait for the doctor.  I roll my eyes, "I can't. He hates me, I'm sure of it." I reply not quite meeting his gaze. 

"Grace you need your family." Mason responds as his blue orbs peer into my green ones. 

"I'll call Jasper after this, okay?" I ask, starting to get a bit annoyed. 

The door to the room opens and the doctor walks in. He's a different doctor than the one I saw before. Apparently this one is better. Mason's dad set it up. Presidential Perks I guess. 

"Gracelyn Gardener?" He asks as he looks over my chart. I nod, "Yes." He looks up at me for a second before glancing back down at the chart. "I'm going to  ask you both some questions to get a background on the both of you and then we'll do an ultrasound. We won't be able to tell the gender for a few months but I can give you a picture and you'll be able to hear the heartbeat. Questions?" We both shake our heads. 

"Great let's get started. You're both seventeen?" We nod.  "Number of sexual partners in the last three years?" 

"Three." I state. I look over at Mason, "Seven." Wow okay. That just seems like a lot for someone who is only seventeen. When did he start having sex? When he was twelve? 

"Any family history of heart disease?" I shake my head but Mason doesn't, "My grandfather died of a heart attack. He had congestive heart  failure." The doctor nods and scribbles something down. 

Is my baby going to  have a problem with it's heart? 

"Any mental disorders or family history of mental disorders?" Mason shakes his head but this time I don't, "My first cousin has schizophrenia, my grandfather had turrets, and my other first cousin has bipolar." I list off. 

Is my baby going to have a mental disability?  

He asks us several more questions before he finally starts the ultrasound. "Lay back on the table, lift your shirt up to just below you breasts and unbutton your pants. Today we're going to do a regular ultrasound but I  saw in your  file that you have an ovarian cyst on your left ovary so I think it would be best to also do a transvaginal ultrasound to guarantee that the cyst won't develop to be cancerous. Questions?" 

Mason and I are complete silent. He thinks I could have cancer? Oh my god. 

"What's a transvaginal ultrasound?" Mason asks after a moment of silence. 

"I'll insert the wand into her vagina and it will send sound waves that will bounce off of her organs which will  give us a comprehensive picture of what we are looking at. If you'll drink this for me then we'll get started." He hands me a bottle of water. I gulp it down and then lay back down. 

This isn't my first transvaginal ultrasound. I had one done after I got my first period. My cramps were so bad I had to  be hospitalized. That's when they did the transvaginal ultrasound. You always have to drink  something before the procedure so that your bladder moves your intestines or something. 

He clicks the monitor on and squirts some cold jelly on my stomach and moves it around with the wand. The sound of a very fast heartbeat fills the room. The doctors eyes widen a bit as he  stares at the screen intently. 

"Well it looks as if you two are having twins. Here's Baby A and Baby B." He says as he points to two little blurs on the screen. 

Twins? 

As in two babies. 

Oh dear lord. 

"Are you sure?" Mason asks sounding a bit strained. Good, I'm not the only one freaking out. 

"Quite sure. Now if you'll go change into a gown for me we can get started." The doctor states after wiping that stuff off of my stomach. 

I guess that explains why my stomach is already starting to expand a bit. I have a tiny figure so I knew that I'd start showing soon but I never though that I would start showing at eight weeks pregnant. But my clothes still fit so it's fine I guess. 

After changing into the gown I walk back to the table and lie down. "Place your feet in the stirrups and we'll start. Are you okay with him staying in the room?" I nod and place my feet in the stirrups. 

It's not like he's never seen it before. Now he just gets a more in depth view. 

"Stand by my head Mason." I say after some second thought. 

I watch as the doctor pulls out the wand and puts a condom on it. Then he takes a bottle of lube and squirts some over the condom on the wand. This is going to hurt. 

"Ready?" The doctor asks as he scoots himself closer to me. I nod and he shoves it inside me. 

I hate this so much. 

~*~ 

"Have you called him yet?" Mason asks. 

I shake my head, "Nope. I just got out  of the shower." There was lube in places where there should never be lube. 

Fucking doctor. 

"You said that you'd call him." Mason reminds me while I roll my eyes. Can you blame me? I 've expressed why I don't want to talk to my family. But Mason is right, I do miss them. I never get to see them to begin with and now I'm avoiding them. 

"Fine I'll ring him now." I state as I pull my mobile out and pull up Jasper's number. 

"Gracie?" Jasper asks with shock in his voice.  "Hey Jasper, how are you?" I inquire, trying to  keep the tears in my eyes. I didn't realize how much I missed even just hearing the sound of his voice. 

"I'm actually at the hospital right now. Victoria is in labor right now."  Oh my god! Why didn't he tell me!  "Jasper why didn't you tell me you're wife was in labor!" I shriek at him. 

I'm his sister! You tell your sister when your wife goes into labor! 

"I've tried calling you Grace but you won't take any of our calls. We're at Memorial West in room 517A. It's on floor 5. You're niece or nephew should be here soon." Jasper says before hanging up. 

"What's wrong?" Mason says, wandering back into the room. I didn't even notice he left. 

"My sister-in-law is in labor and I was so scared that my father would hate me that I ignored my brother and now I'm not going to be there when my niece or nephew is born. I'm an awful aunt! If I can't even be an aunt how am I supposed to be a mother!" I sob. 

Mason sighs and comes over to me and wraps me up in his arms. 

Fucking pregnancy hormones. 

"Hey, hey it's okay. Grace take a deep breath." Mason says as he pulls away and cups my face in his hands. I take a deep breath but choke on a sob. Mason kisses my forehead and wipes my tears with his thumbs. 

"You are going to be an amazing mother and aunt. Our babies are so lucky to have you as their mom. Now lets go to the hospital and you can show that baby how lucky they are to have you as their aunt." I nod and wipe my face. 

Mason gets off the couch and pulls me up with him. 

Time to face my family.