~Part 19~

*~Gracelyn~*~ Thirty-Four Weeks Pregnant~* 

A/n; Sorry I know that I skipped ahead a lot but it's important for the story.

I haven't spoken to my father since we had that dinner a few months ago. He's called and texted but I haven't answered or responded. And I don't plan to. 

He was perfectly fine with me not in his life beforee, I don't see why now he wants me back in it. What if he hurts my kids the way he hurt me? I'm not going to risk it. I'm not going to risk their happiness.  

"Grace?" Alana asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. 

"Yes?" I ask. I don't remember if we were having a conversation before. 

"I asked if you knew that there was some guy watching you." Alana reminds me, pointing behind me. I turn around and see Glenn looking at me. I laugh, "Yeah he's my body guard. His name is Glenn." I give Glenn a wave before turning back to Alana. 

"That's weird." She states as she looks down at her omelet.

 We're at brunch. 

"I've gotten used to it. But god I can't wait to move out. I love Mason but living in that house is suffocating. His mom is all over me. She won't leave me alone! Every decision I make she disapproves of. Like I picked out a crib for my child, and Laura just fucking lost it! Guess what she asked me yesterday." 

"What?" Alana asks. 

"So she basically assumed she was gonna be in the delivery room with me! Like bitch I'm having a c-section! I don't want you in there and seeing inside of my body!" Alana's eyes widen. "She wants to be in the room while they cut you open and remove your organs and extract your children?!" 

"Yep." I  pop the 'p' for emphasis. 

"That woman is crazy." 

"I know, but Mason doesn't see it. I can't wait  until we graduate. Mason applied at UCLA and I really hope he gets in. Living across the country from that crazy bitch is my dream!" Alana laughs and shakes her head, "Are you happy?"

I'm confused from the seriousness of her question.  It came out of nowhere.  "Yeah I am. I'm engaged to a wonderful guy, we're gonna have two amazing kids soon, and well I can't complain. I thought getting pregnant at seventeen would be the worst thing to ever happen to me, but it's been one of the best."

"If you say so." 

~*~ 

"So when are we going dress shopping?" Laura asks with a smile.  "Well I'm not going to go shopping until I've had the babies." I tell her praying she's not going to start something. 

I can not deal with her right now. 

I feel so bloated right now. My stomach  is huge and full of stretch marks. My boobs hurt so much and there's like milk leaking from them. And my back is killing me all of the time. Not to mention how bad  my feet hurt. 

"Well, sweetie, you don't have forever." Laura says that in that annoying voice of hers. I feel like being pregnant has made me more irritable. 

"I know that I don't have forever. But I'm not going dress shopping when I'm this pregnant." I huff out while trying to sound polite at the same time.  

"Grace there is no reason to raise your voice."

"I will see you later Laura." I stand up and leave the living room. I might murder that woman. I'm pretty sure that's treason. 

~*~ 

"Mason! Fuck! Mason!" I scream as I feel something weird in my stomach. It's this squeezing tension and it really fucking hurts. 

"Mason! Get your ass in here!" I scream from the bed. I don't know where Mason is but I really need him. It hurts so bad. 

The door opens but Mason doesn't come in, Jason does.  "Are you okay?" He asks a bit apprehensively.   I grit my teeth as the pain comes back, "Get. Mason." I huff out through the pain. 

"Mason left with his dad. Should I get Laura?" I shake my head, "Get Laura and I kill you. Just drive me to the fucking hospital and call my fiance. Ow! Fuck!" I scream as it comes back. 

Jason walks further into the room and I move the covers away from my body. I'm not wearing a shirt. I don't give a shit. I have a bra and that's good enough. 

"Are you okay?" Jason asks as he helps me over to the door. 

"Do I look fucking okay?" I heave out. 

"Hi  uh my friend is pregnant and screaming." Jason tells the nurse in the emergency room.  "You're useless." I move him out  of the way, "I'm Gracelyn Gardener and I'm pregnant and there's something," I pause as the pain becomes too much, "wrong." 

The woman  comes from around the counter and looks me over. She goes back to where she was and picks up a radio, "I need a doctor to Emergency. I have a woman in premature labor." 

"Ahh!" I scream almost falling to the floor, thankfully Jason catches me before I hit the floor. 

The nurse runs ahead and grabs a wheelchair. She helps me sit down in it. 

"Call Mason." I command Jason. He pulls out his phone and dials Mason's number.  "Hello?" Jason asks.  "Yeah I'm in the emergency room with Grace. The nurse said she's in premature labor." 

"Um not well? She's screaming a lot." 

"I don't fucking know. Just get your ass down here man." 

He hangs the phone up right as I'm being wheeled away from Jason.  "Wait stop!" I order the nurse. She stops and I turn around, "I want him to come with. Jason. Please!" I beg. 

I really don't want to do this alone. 

And Jason is the only one here. I may hate the guy, but he's all I got here. 

"Grace I-" I cut him off, "Shut up and come. Please I can't do this alone." It might be  because he feels sorry for me or what, but he follows as the nurse wheels me away. 

"Okay Grace so it appears that you're in labor and it's progressed very fast in a  very short  amount of time. There's not time for a c-section. You're going to have to deliver these  babies. Now." 

Oh my god I'm gonna die.