~Part 7~

*~Gracelyn~*~Eight Weeks Pregnant ~* 

"Relation to the patient?" The nurse asks.  This bitch doesn't want to let me into the room to see Jasper and Victoria. Bitch. 

"I'm the patients sister-in-law. My brother is her husband. They're expecting me." I say for the millionth time.  "ID?" Oh my god. 

I pull out my ID and hand it to her. "This isn't American."  

"Well I'm not American so I guess it's fitting." I sass back at her. 

"Gracelyn!" I look over and see Jasper walking towards us. Thank god.  

Jasper walks over to me and hugs me quickly, "They're with me." Jasper says before leading Mason and I away.  "I'm Jasper, Gracelyn's older brother. You are?"

Mason shakes his hand, "I'm Mason Daniels, Gracelyn's boyfriend." Jasper gives me a look but doesn't say anything as he opens the door to Victoria's hospital room. I walk in and see Victoria on the bed applying makeup, Leo sitting in a chair playing on his phone, my other  older brother- Vincent- sitting beside him, and my oldest brother- Luke- sitting across from them. 

Vincent's wife is by the window, sipping a Starbucks. She's really nice, her name is Maggie. 

"Grace!" Victoria exclaims, looking away from her makeup mirror with a beaming smile.  "Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA for the past few weeks." I walk over to Victoria and giver her a light  hug before walking back over to Mason. 

"I think that we deserve an explanation Grace. What did you and dad fight about?" Jasper asks, taking a seat on Victoria's bed.  

"I'm eight weeks pregnant with twins," I pause for a second before continuing, "I told dad and he freaked out. To keep me here in the States Mason's dad had to make me a citizen and to do that legally I had to be emancipated first. Dad told me that I didn't deserve to be part of the family so I've been staying with Mason."

"You're pregnant?" Vincent asks. 

"With two babies?" Luke finishes. I nod, "Yeah I am." I place a hand over my tiny little bump. 

"Holy shit!" Victoria screams, a pained look on her face as she her chest heaves up and down with her very fast breathes. Her face has gone red. 

A doctor comes running into the room and checks her privates, "Okay if we can get everyone out of here except for dad, it's time for the baby." The doctor orders. 

We all file out of the room and down the  corridor and into the waiting room. I can hear Victoria screaming her lungs out. 

"It sounds like she's being murdered." I mutter as I take my seat in the waiting room. Mason puts  his arm around me, "You still have eight months before that. We'll get you drugs." 

"The Gardeners don't get epidurals." Vincent states as he invites himself into our conversation. 

He's not wrong though. Women in my family always go about it the natural way. My great-great-grandmother died during childbirth so ever since then every woman in my family has vowed to pay tribute to her, by not being a pussy during childbirth. 

Not my words. 

"Well technically the baby is a Daniels." Mason responds.  "Yeah but Grace is a Gardener and as long as Grace is a Gardener she doesn't use drugs. Unless she wants to endure the-" I cut him off, "Would you just shut up Vince?! You never have to have a baby so I don't really think you get a  say on how I bring my children into the world." I get up and start walking away. 

"Grace where are you going?" Mason asks. 

"I need a minute." I huff before stomping out of the room

~*~

"I heard you were out here." Jasper states as he appears next to me, outside  the hospital.  "Shouldn't you be inside?" I ask, wiping my face. 

He shrugs, "Vicky fell asleep and the baby is having a hearing test. She was born about an hour ago."   "She? It's a girl?" I ask Jasper, my voice cracking. 

I'm so over emotional. I didn't think that you got emotional until you were like super pregnant. 

"Yeah her name is  Lydia Grace Gardener. She was six pounds and eight ounces." Jasper says with a look of love in his eyes. Love for his wife, daughter, and me- his sister. 

"You named her  after me?" And here come the tears. 

"Gracie when mum got pregnant with you we thought that maybe they weren't getting divorced. But then they did and dad made us move to America with him. That  was the worst thing ever, I thought. But these past few weeks were even worse than the fifteen years when I didn't get to see my little sister grow up. These past few weeks have been hell, but it's so much worse that you thought you couldn't come to us. Dad probably overreacted, you know he doesn't think before he screams. I want my daughter to know something that you didn't until just now, I want her to know that she can always come to us. Do you want to come meet your niece?" 

I nod my head. I'm crying relatively hard now. But you heard that speech. He named his kid after me! 

When we get up to Vicky's recovery room she's awake and holding a tiny baby swaddled in a pink blanket. I walk over  to them. 

Lydia looks a lot like my brother. It's weird. She has the black hair that all of my siblings and I share along with the Gardener Green Eyes. but her skin is slightly tanned like Victoria's and she definitely has her nose. But everything else is  all Gardener. 

"Do you want to hold her?" I nod my head  and Victoria hands me her baby. I take her gently in my arms and sit down in the chair next to the bed. Mason hovers  over me and stares at the baby. 

After a few minutes I give Victoria her baby back and go back to my seat. I watch as Jasper and Victoria gush over their baby. They're both  on the bed cuddling their daughter. 

"That's going to be us in eight months." Mason whispers in my ear. 

And for the first time I'm genuinely excited for the babies. 

"Where's my newest granddaughter?" 

Well shit.