~Part 3~

~Gracelyn~ 

I look over at my mobile as it rings. It's four in the morning. I want to sleep. I just got over being jetlagged  and I really don't want to mess up  my schedule. 

I pick it up and Check ID, it's unknown.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone irritably.  

"Gracelyn? It's Mason."

"Oh hi Mason. I didn't think you were going to call." I reply honestly. 

"Of course I would. I've just been busy. I was actually going to  call you around ten but I remembered something that I think might be important and I couldn't wait." 

"What is it?" I ask, starting to get scared. 

"I am ninety percent sure that we didn't use a condom. But you're on the pill right?"

Oh dear god. 

"No I'm not on the pill! What do you mean you didn't use a condom!" I shout at him over the phone, praying my dad is still a heavy sleeper.  

"I'm sorry Grace we were drunk and drunk Mason isn't super responsible." Mason rushes out over the phone, "Mason I can't be pregnant! I'm seventeen!"  

"Yeah well I'm pretty sure the President's son isn't supposed to be knocking up girls they went out with  once so it'd be pretty bad for me too. Is there any way you can go get tested? Like now?" 

"It's four in the fucking morning. And it's only been three weeks since we slept together. I think it takes longer." I tell him trying not to freak out. 

I can't be pregnant. I really can't be pregnant. I live in London! There's no way it would ever work. I know for a fact I would never abort  it and I don't think I could give my child away to strangers. I get attached to things really easily. 

Mason doesn't seem like the kind of guy who is ready to be a father. I don't know him that well but he doesn't seem like he's ready to be responsible for a human life. I know I'm not. I have irrational fears and I just got my braces off. Like a month ago. I can't be mum! 

"I have some connections. Drop by in a few hours  and we'll get this figured out. And I really did mean to call Grace I've just been insanely busy. And that is in no way an excuse. I really like you." 

"It's fine Mason. How do I drop by? You  have mountains of security." I ask puzzled as to how I'll actually get to see him. 

"Fair point. I'll pick you up. See you at ten. I'm really sorry Grace." 

"It's fine." 

We both hang up. I flop back on my bed and groan. I know I should be freaking out about how I could be pregnant and this is  such a huge deal. But  I'm too caught up in how it feels when he said he really likes me. 

But when you have a kid with someone you're supposed to love them, not really like them. If I'm pregnant my parents are going to murder me. 

~*~ 

"The results from the blood work should be done shortly. You'll know as soon as we know." The doctor says before leaving Mason and me alone. Apparently if you have enough money and power you can get anything you want, even if it wasn't believed to be possible. 

Like finding out if you're pregnant three weeks after conception. 

"Mason I can't be pregnant." I state as I stare at the model of a womb with  a baby in it. He places his hand on mine, "I know. I'm so sorry Grace but we can figure this out." He gives me a reassuring smile but it's short lived as the doctor walks back in. 

"It looks like you're three weeks pregnant. I would put your due date at March 1st. Do you guys have any questions?" I shake my head, my eyes welling up with water. The doctor leaves the room and I let my tears loose. 

Mason wraps me in a hug and holds me tightly while I cry.  "It's going to be okay Grace." He whispers before kissing my head. 

"I can't kill my baby Mason. And I can't give my baby to strangers." I blubber, mascara probably running down my face. He pulls away from me and uses his thumbs to wipe my tears while cradling my head with  his hands.  "It's going to be okay Grace. We can do whatever you want to do. We can keep the  baby and we will be  the  best damn parents ever." 

"Mason I  leave for London in a month  in a half." 

"Well maybe you don't have to go. Is there  anyway that you'd be able to  stay?" Mason asks.  "I'll talk to my dad. But that would mean that I have to tell my dad. I can't do that yet Mason. He's going to be  so disappointed in me." 

I shed more tears thinking about how  much this is going to hurt him. He's going to be really upset about this. He's going to get angry first, then he'll be very disappointed. I hate making him upset. 

Mason hugs me again for a  few minutes before he pulls away again, "Look Grace we're in this together now. We did  this together  so everything we do here-on-out is together. We'll tell our parents together and we'll raise this baby together." 

Wow I got lucky he's not some sort of douche. He's actually a really sweet guy. An adorable guy whose baby I am currently carrying. 

I nod and wipe my face, "Can we leave? Doctor's offices creep me off." Mason chuckles  and nods, helping me off the table. He  passes me my skirt and tank top while I slide the gown off. 

Mason gazes over my undergarment clad body before I slip  my skirt and tank top on. What? He's seen me naked. We slept together. Granted we were piss drunk but my  naked body  is  a hard one to forget. 

~*~ 

"Want to watch a movie?" Mason asks as we walk hand-in-hand down a corridor in the White House.  "Sure." 

He turns us down another corridor and then opens  a door. Inside is a huge room with theatre couches around the room. It looks just like a movie theatre. There's even a huge screen at the front. 

"What do you want to watch?" Mason asks as he leads me over to a couch near the front.  "Something happy." 

I flop down on the couch while Mason walks somewhere to get a movie. He comes back not even a minute later and plops down next to me. I lean against him as the movie starts on the screen. 

Mason and I are having a baby. 

Why aren't I freaking out more?