~Part 11~

*~Mason~*~Fourteen Weeks Pregnant~*

"So how's it goin'?" Katelyn asks as I make my way to the theater room where Grace is waiting for me. She's in her second trimester now and she's not feeling too great. 

Her belly has gotten quite a bit bigger and it's killing her back. 

Grace is a teeny tiny person and being pregnant with twins is not super easy for her. The doctor said that she's gonna be in a lot of pain towards the end of her pregnancy. He also said she probably won't be able to carry them to term and she might be put on bed rest towards the end of her pregnancy. Also she'll have to have a c-section. 

She's too tiny for a natural birth. 

"I'm fine, Kate. Do you need something?" I state as Kate starts walking alongside me.  "I just kinda miss you, is all. Wanna hang out?" 

"Sorry Kate, Grace is waiting for me in the theater." I tell her as we approach the theater. "Oh well uh let me know when you have some time for me, your womb-mate." She laughs awkwardly before literally sprinting away. 

"You okay babe?" Grace asks as I walk into the theater and plop down next to her. I flash her a smile, "Yeah I'm good, Kate is just being really weird." 

She looks at me concernedly, "Why don't you go see if  she's okay?" I shake my head, "No babe I said we were gonna watch a movie so we're gonna watch a movie. Now what do you want to watch?" 

"Moana?" 

"Again?"

"I'm pregnant with your babies."

"Moana it is. Want some popcorn?" 

Grace laughs that amazingly beautiful laugh of hers and shakes her  head, "No, Mason. Just the movie is fine." She says with a giggle. God she is amazing. 

Grace is so insanely beautiful, I can't believe she said yes. 

I thought it was insane to propose to her at first. My dad suggested it. I took a lot of convincing. But the more I thought about it I knew that she was the one. 

"Are you watching the movie, Mason?" Grace asks, interrupting my thoughts.  "I definitely am." 

~*~ 

"Hello?" I ask into my phone. 

"Hey Mace! Do you wanna hang?" Jason replies. 

"I don't know man. I'd feel bad leaving Grace here alone." I whisper the last part so Grace doesn't hear me. She'll take that personally or something. 

"Seriously Mason? She'll be fine for a few hours without you. She's pregnant, not five. Besides Katelyn is there, let her hangout with Grace if you feel that  your fiance needs to be  babysat." Jason remarks. 

"Fine, but you should come over. I really don't feel like being followed today." Not only am I followed by my secret service officer but also by girls who think I'm their soulmate. It's terribly annoying. 

"Okay I'll be there soon." 

Thirty minutes later Jason and I are sitting in the bowling alley, each of us with a can of Pepsi. 

"So you're gonna have a kid, huh?" Jason states, his eyes not meeting mine. 

I know he's not happy I'm gonna have two kids. Jason and I have always been really close. His dad is a member of Congress so he knows what it's like to have a dad in politics. A dad that only seems to care when there is someone else there  he needs to impress or prove that  he's a family man. Our mothers are both from the same tiny town in Montana. They wanted to make something of themselves, marry a 'big city man'. 

They did. Jason and I have been best friends since the womb. Hell our moms gave us matching names. 

We were the closest, inseparable. 

Then we met Tyler and he joined us in best-friendship. Two years after we met him we met Claire. Claire  and Tyler started dating in eighth grade. 

After Claire's accident everything was different. Claire didn't remember much and what she did remember was mostly wrong. But she remembered Tyler. Tyler rarely let's her out  of his sight, they're always together. I don't blame him, Claire is a bit like a lost puppy, she can't really fend for herself. 

Her memory is pretty much nonexistent. She'll remember some stuff but other things she'll completely forget. Because of that she has breakdowns. She'll get upset and scream and cry and sometimes break stuff out of frustration. And then she'll forget it happened. 

But now that I'm going to be busier with Grace and the twins and Tyler is always with Claire, we're kinda leaving Jason all alone. Which I feel awful about, he's like my brother. 

We were born two weeks apart. He's like my triplet, I already have a twin- Katelyn. 

"Yeah, I am. Two of 'em." I respond awkwardly. I bring my can to my lips and take a gulp. I need something with alcohol but it's hard to drink underage when you live in the fucking White  House. 

I don't think I've drunk anything like that since the first time I slept with Grace. When I knocked her up. She was so mad. I don't blame her. I wasn't super  thrilled either. 

"Are you ready for that, man? You're not the kinda guy I thought would want kids until he was thirty." He has a point. 

When I used to picture my life it was graduate high school, go to college, get a job, meet a girl, get married, and maybe- Maybe- have kids when we're in our thirties. Not when we're seventeen, that's for damn sure. 

"I kinda don't have a choice now, Jay. I got her  pregnant so I kinda have to be ready now." I respond. 

I thought about telling her to get an abortion. I was going to ask her to. I knew there was no way she'd ever do it, she was instantly attached to the babies. But I thought there was no way she'd want to be a mother at seventeen. She also didn't want to abort her babies. 

"It's not like it's your fault. She chose to have sex with you." The hostility in his voice is overwhelming. His face is stone cold.  

"Okay what the hell is your problem? Do you hate Grace or something?" I inquire as I try to figure out why he's being such a dick. Shouldn't he be supportive or something. He's my best friend-my brother. 

"You've known her for three months and you're having children with her and you're going to fucking marry her! That's a bit insane don't you think?" Jason asks with raised eyebrows and a hot temper. Jackass. 

"Do you think that when I met her I planned on knocking her up and marrying her? Hell no, I wanted to have sex with her and maybe go out a few times. But then I got her pregnant and I'm not some jackass that's just gonna abandon her with two babies! Turns out she's really cool and I think I'm in love with her. So why not fucking marry her too?" 

"You're going to marry her because you think you're in love with her?" 

"Yeah I am. And if you have a problem with my choices you can let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." I state as I stand up and start walking towards the  exit. 

I have a lot on my plate right now and I don't need, or want to, add Jason being a jackass to it. 

I need a drink.