~Part 20~

*~Gracelyn~*~In Labor~* 

"OH FUCK!!!" I scream as the doctor secures my feet in the stirrups. Another contraction hits as I squeeze the life out of Jason's hand.  "Where the fuck is Mason?!" I shriek as the contraction subsides. 

"Okay next one we're gonna start pushing. You can do this Grace." He pauses, "One two three, push!" I scream as I push with everything in me. 

After what feels like forever  he tells me to stop. And I fall back and start panting.  Jason checks his phone. "Mason's going to be here any second." Jason promises. 

"And push!" 

I scream as I start pushing again. It feels like I'm being torn in half. 

The door slams open- mid scream- and Mason rushes into the room. 

Thank god. 

"AHH!" I scream as I feel a new intense pain. "Baby A is crowing." The doctor states. 

I scream again as the pain starts to fade. And then I hear the most amazing sound in the entire world. 

The sound of a baby screaming. My baby screaming. 

"It's a boy!" The doctor announces. I feel tears stream down my cheek. "Can I see him?" 

"We've got another baby to get out." The doctor says as he hands off my child to a nurse. Mason walks over to me and grabs my hand. Jason leaves. 

"Fuck it's starting again!" I scream as the contractions come back twice as strong. 

~One Hour Later~ 

"They're so beautiful." I whisper as Mason and I sit on my hospital bed, each of us with a baby in our arms.  "They really are." Mason whispers back as he looks down at our daughter. I wipe a tear from my eye as I stare down at my son. 

He's insanely beautiful. 

"Knock knock." I look up and see Jason walk into the room. I don't hate him now.  How can I? He was there for me when I was in labor. He held my hand while I birthed my son. 

"Thank you." I tell him as he walks over to us. He gives me a small smile, "Your welcome. All though I think you broke my hand." He gives me a smile as he peers at our children. 

"Your kids are beautiful man." Jason tells Mason. I smile in agreement. 

We all look over as the door opens again and my brother, Jasper, and his wife, Maggie, walk in. 

"Oh my god." Jasper says as he walks over to us. He looks down at my kids and smiles, "Gracie they're beautiful." I smile and nod. "Thanks Jasper. I went through hell to get them." 

"Yeah we heard. Are you feeling alright?" Maggie asks, coming towards us. 

"They gave me drugs. I'm fucking great." I tell her causing everyone to laugh. 

"What are their names?" Jasper asks. I look over at  Mason and he says, "Seth Jason and Felicity Jasmine Daniels." 

"Is Jasmine after-" I cut him off, "Yes Jasper, it's after you." I tell him. 

I look down at my babies, god I love them so much. 

I can't believe I'm a mother! 

~*~ 

"Oh sweetie they're just amazing!" Laura exclaims as she holds my daughter. I smile at  her, "Thank you." She doesn't look over at me, just continues looking at my daughter. 

"I'm not super keen on the name though sweetie. Felicity just isn't a good one." 

I'm going to murder her. 

"Well I love it and she's my child so that's her name." 

"How does Mason feel about the name?" 

"It's none of your concern Laura. She's our child. We agreed one these names and that's all that matters. I'm perfectly fine with you being her grandmother, but you are not her mother. I am. End of story. I think you should go, I need to feed them." 

Laura hands me Felicity and storms out of the room. That's annoying. 

~*~ 

"Mason I can't believe you're letting him pressure  you like this! Are you really just going to let him tell you how to live your life?" 

"If we want to support our children I am! Grace I don't really have much a choice here!" 

"Yes you do! You always do. Do you want our kids to think of their father as some sellout who just did whatever his father told him to do? Are you going to follow your dreams and give our kids a man worth looking up to!" 

"Grace this really isn't a fight worth having. I have to do this." 

"Mason, I love you because you don't care what your parents think of you. Because you're so confident. Because you know what it is you want." 

"What are you saying that you won't love me if I take this job?"

"No of course not. I just- I wish you were making a different choice. 

This was the  fight we had right after we graduated high school. This was the fight that would eventually ruin our relationship. 

We had this fight several times. Mason had become someone I didn't recognize. He took a job at some corporate office and before I knew it  he was a different person. 

At first Mason started acting different. So we pushed the wedding back. 

We did this four times over the course of two years. 

And then we broke up. It was awful. The worst pain I ever endured. Well aside from childbirth. 

I packed  the kids up and we left. We went where Mason and I were always supposed to go, California. The kids were two when we left their father, I was  nineteen. 

And that is the story of how the President's son knocked me up. And then left me two years later. 

A/n; There will be a sequel! I know that this was kind of an abrupt ending but it  was how I planned it out. I hope you enjoyed it!