Act 011: Brotherly Death

﹂✦﹁

"This is so stupid," I grumbled in annoyance.

"Why are you even complaining? You're getting a free ride," Saya huffed.

My eye twitched. "I never asked for one," I said through gritted teeth, my face flushed in a mixture of anger and humiliation, "I feel like an invalid."

"Technically, you are," Saeko quipped unhelpfully, "At least until your leg heals."

My teeth ground together audibly and Ryuu's chuckle pushed me over the edge.

"Let me down!" I yelled, squirming around from my spot on Takashi's back. He winced when my fist hit the back of his head.

"Seriously guys, stop antagonising her," he begged, "I'm the one who ends up suffering!"

Saya smirked, "That's the point."

Takashi grumbled under his breath and shot her an annoyed glanced that mirrored the one I shot at Saeko when she snickered moments later.

We were on our way to East Police Station now and the others had taken it upon themselves to decide that I shouldn't walk. So I was forcefully placed on a hesitant Takashi's back while my crutches had been confiscated by Ryuu.

We were near the Police station now so I wouldn't have to put up with this humiliation for much longer.

We were passing by the convenience store a few buildings down from the station on the opposite side of the street when there was a familiar happy bark followed by a loud gasp.

"Aiko!" Rin exclaimed as he ran out of the convenience store, followed closely by Alice and Shizuka.

"Aikoko!" Shizuka exclaimed, barreling into Takashi and hugging him to her chest in order to get at me.

He let out a muffled scream of protest and I gave an awkward laugh, "Uh...Shizu? Not that I'm not overjoyed to see you too but...you're killing Takashi."

Shizuka blinked before looking down at Takashi whose face was being crushed to her generous bosom. She gasped and let go of us both.

Takashi gasped like he'd just resurfaced from under the ocean before coughing a few times and taking large gulps of air to compensate for the suffocation he was previously experiencing.

"Sorry, Takashi..." she mumbled sheepishly, looking remorseful.

"It's fine," he panted, waving it off with a smile.

She smiled happily at him, no longer feeling bad.

"Can I please come down now?" I asked once he'd caught his breath. He nodded and let me down gently on my feet. Ryuu was instantly by my side and I glared at him, snatching my crutch away, "I'm not talking to you right now," I huffed in irritation.

"You just did though," he responded, giving me a pointed look, his eyes amused.

"That one doesn't count!" I snapped.

"How about that one?"

"...you're an asshole..."

"But I'm your asshole."

"...that sounded so wrong..." I muttered, wrinkling my nose and trying not to laugh.

He actually laughed, "I know right."

We stared at each other with smiles for a moment until a throat was cleared beside us, or rather, below us.

We both looked down at Rin. He glared between us suspiciously, "Am I missing something here?" He demanded.