Tomika

After school I go to buy myself some chocolate and skate to the skate park. Skating always clears my mind. I think I have feelings for someone I shouldn't have feelings for. I love Summer she's my sister, and that's why I feel so bad about feeling this way. Trust me, if I could change my feelings, I would...or not...I don't know!!

I just need to say it to get out of my system. I look around me first, and then I say it.

"I like Freddy," I say.

"Tomika?" I whip around quickly.

"Freddy! You're early, I'm gonna go get my knee-and shoulderpads real quick. I'll be right back.

I ran to the bench where I left them.
"Tomika, we have to talk," he says, following me to the bench.
I start putting on my pads, and I take off my helmet.

"Our skating is great. What is there to talk about?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes.
"We almost kissed," he said.

"What? Did we? I didn't know!" I say acting dumb.

"Tomika, stop it," he said.

"I thought we said we'd forget about yesterday?" I say.

"Tomika, you just said you had feelings for me," he said.

"Whaaat!! Nooooo, you must have misheard me," I try to play it off and lie.
"I stood behind you when you said it,"  he said.

"I know I was also there... What does it matter your dating, my best friend," I say, looking at everything BUT him.

"So you do like me?" he says.

I roll my eyes," I just said it," I say, crossing my arms.

He puts on his helmet and places his helmet cladded forehead against mine.
"Skater kiss... really?" I chuckle.

"I think I might like you too," he says.
"Summer -"

"Tomika, I like you. I don't think I can date Summer, but like you more, I'm not a pig," he says.

"Don't break her heart... "

"Tomika, it isn't fare to her...I have to..." he says honestly. Why is he such a good person?

"Let's skate," I pick up my board, and so does he, and we start practicing. Later on, the rest of our skater group shows up, and we practice together.