Day 2. Worried Sick

Alan sat in the Chicago police department, when he went back to the hospital to see that his sister was no longer there came to a shock to him to say the least.  He was also made that the nurses did not seem to care either. So when he went to the police and filled a missing person report the hospital was not happy about it.

  It was the second day and still nothing was heard. Alan got more anxious by the second, after all Nicole only had a week, two weeks tops he had to get to her before then. "Mr. Tomber is it?" A deputy spoke.
Alan looked up from the ground. "Uh yeah." Alan replied.
"Come with me." The deputy said leading him to a room.

"Now it has been more than twenty four hours since your sister has gone missing."
Alan knew were this was going. "Yes I am aware of that."
"Now of course we have to think about the other possibilities, like running away, would she have any reason to?"
"She was in the hospital dying."
"We are aware Nicole has a heart condition."
"Are you going to help me or not because if you won't I'll do it my damn self." Alan sneered getting irritated. They didn't get it, he didn't have much time.
"Sir we're doing our best, but if she did run away we need to know if there were would be any places she would have ran to."
"Once again don't you think if I knew that I would have just went to find her myself?" Alan stood up angrily.
"Sir sit down." The officer demanded.
"Sorry but I have to find my sister before her time is up." He walked out.

Alan was more than upset. The feeling of not being able to help the only thing keeping him attached to this world made him not able to think clearly. He heard footsteps behind him. "A-Alan." A girls voice spoke.
Alan jolted around so quickly he almost fell over. He ran over to Nicole who was standing at the end of the poorly lit street. Before he could yell at her for scaring the daylight out of him she collapsed; tears fell down her face but Alan caught her before she hit the ground. "It's going to be okay." Alan reassured her.
"N-not this time." Her eyes closed and her breathing got shaky before it stoped all together.
Alan clenched onto her and yelled at the top of his lungs as tears poured down his face. "SHE WAS JUST A KID!!"

Alan jolted upwards and looked around. "It was just a dream..."
He sighed a little wiping the sweat off of his face. Still, Nicole was missing, what if that was a dream was a warning? He couldn't just sleep while she was still out there somewhere. He looked over at the clock and got up from his bed, putting on some pants and his jacket and hen rushing out of the apartment. He was determined to bring her home safe...........and alive.